Windows 10: Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

Discus and support Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted. I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dalchina, Sep 8, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted.

I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced Options, noted an option sthg like
    'Revert to previous build'

Well, if Windows.old was still there, I could understand that.. ideas? Does it perhaps prompt for clean installation of e.g. Win 8-8.1?

The second really weird one is this.
    In Win 8.1 I used Brink's info to add an option to boot to Win 8.1 Pro Safe Mode. So I had sthg like
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Win 8.1 Pro Safe Mode
    as my boot options. Fine.

When I updated to Win 10, I had
    Win 10 Pro
    Win 8.1 Pro Safe Mode
    - which kind of looked, well, interesting but understandable, I guess. (In practice it was Win 10 Safe Mode of course).

Well, imagine my suprise when yesterday I saw this:
    Win 8.1 Pro
    Win 8.1 Pro Safe Mode

Anyway, I used Easybcdeditor to change the text to Win 10.
    But how could the first line have changed back to Win 8.1?

:)

dalchina, Sep 8, 2015

2. What happen to the control panel that allow me to change the text size

Did what you said and moved to "change size of text apps other item" there was no Advanced display setting to that advanced sizing of Text....that is want to change Screen text size, not what I wanted....want to change the menu bars not screen font sized.
    But there was and advanced sizing to Text to select....only option I had was the scale from 100% to 175%....Totally not the answer...and want menu text size not screen sizing of fonts!! Totally different

EdwardJocz, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Icon Size in Windows 10 Creators Edition

Since upgrading to Creators Edition, I no longer can find the option for advanced display options, specifically the option to change the size of text for icons, menu bars, etc. Has this setting been removed or simply hidden somewhere obscure? Thanks in
    advance for any help.

Conrad R. McEachern, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

1. Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change - Similar Threads - Advanced Option oddity

2. Windows Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Advanced Boot Options: For the past couple of days, I have been trying fix this problem and couldn't find a solution. The problem is that whenever I make changes on my desktop whether I move apps, delete apps. It always goes back to it's previous place after I restart Windows and I decided to...
  3. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  4. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  5. Menu options text not showing

Menu options text not showing: I'm having some trouble with menus options text. [ATTACH] It is some windows problems or can it be some type of virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-options-text-not-showing/04167ac7-f218-46de-9dee-d0b6b4e30612
  6. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  7. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?: When I boot up I get a message that says, system configuration did not initialize, another instance is running. When I tried to back up my computer everything backed up except system configuration files and folders....
  8. Weird Text in Taskbar options menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Text in Taskbar options menu: As you guys can see in the picture, I got some weird text in that menu and I want to delete it! Is there a folder related to task bars that I can acess to delete that option? (BTW I clicked on it and nothing happened) [img] Any help would be appreciated! 52789
  9. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...