Windows 10: Advanced Options missing

Discus and support Advanced Options missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting, When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting. I want use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaoThien1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. CaoThien1 Win User

Advanced Options missing

My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting,
    When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting.

I want use command prompt but it not show!
    Please help me! Thank for everyone Advanced Options missing 5714f73f-60cc-4b6b-9fb3-4f867d342de3?upload=true.png

:)

CaoThien1, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Shandirra Win User

Missing options in wifi's advanced tab.

It's not a driver update issue.

MS has deemed customers too stupid to manage their own software and has removed your ability to do so. Which is why they now force updates you don't want and didn't ask for down your throat.

Go ahead MS... Prove me wrong.

• Why are the Advanced Options under WiFi settings missing?

I'll tell you all why... So you can't 'meter' your internet connection to block their updates.

If not, explain why the advanced options for wifi is missing and how to restore it. Go ahead... I dare you.

Shandirra, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Option to search My stuff in Cortana missing

Hello,

• When you say, "MY STUFF option or magnifying glass icon" exactly which option are you referring to?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point and check if this helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back with the above information and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 24, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Advanced Options missing

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Advanced Options missing

1. Advanced Options missing - Similar Threads - Advanced Options missing

2. "Use a device" missing in advance options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Use a device" missing in advance options: in the Advanced options menu, I can't find "Use a device" Can someone help me submitted by /u/xXFlareWOLF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljoht7/use_a_device_missing_in_advance_options/
  3. Missing Advanced Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Advanced Recovery Options: Hi, So when I go to the 'Recovery Options' and than Advanced, there are only 2 options available: UEFI Boot Settings and Advanced Setup Options. There is no Command Prompt or System Image settings etc. Many Thanks in advance INFO - Windows 10 Enterprise, 1909 - Standard...
  4. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  5. Advance Search Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advance Search Options Missing?: I used to be able to go to the search box in the top right of explorer and do something like type: video, or datemodified: ... etc. For some reason no matter what I type there, it's always just searching the literal string and not allowing advanced search. What...
  6. Advanced Power Options missing networking options

Advanced Power Options missing networking options: I have a 2020 Spectre X360 15 EB000. Version 1909, Build 18363.900. My Advanced Power Options does not have a network setting to allow me to able / disable networking while plugged in and in sleep mode. Does anyone know how to add this option, and whether or not adding may...
  7. Advanced Options missing some features

Advanced Options missing some features: Of late my Advanced Options only displays the Startup settings while other features such as Startup Repair and Command Prompt suddenly vanished. [IMG]...
  8. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...
  9. Printer Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Advanced Options missing: After my latest Windows 10 update I am no longer to scale my print and the print on front and back option is missing from the options. I've removed my HP printer then reinstalled it and it tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a known solution? I saw this issue...
  10. Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option": I recently recovered my windows 10 from the newest update as a lot of my apps are not compatible yet. Then I realized that many of the windows built-in apps such as Maps, Photos are not working anymore. (They instantly close/crash) I found a solution online: Open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No advance option on apps in windows 10

2. advanced info phone windows