Windows 10: Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

Discus and support Advanced Power Management? (Sleep) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit - I am a professional media guy and need to render long files occasionally. Does anyone know of a way or utility that will let me customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HesThePianoMan, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

Hi Reddit - I am a professional media guy and need to render long files occasionally. Does anyone know of a way or utility that will let me customize sleep cycles? If I just leave chrome open I just want my computer to sleep and then shut down after a while. I don't want it to do this at all though if a certain program is open though (After Effects, Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Media Encoder, etc.)

Solutions?

submitted by /u/HesThePianoMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HesThePianoMan, Dec 10, 2019

2. Advanced Power Management with CU

now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one listed...."Maximum processor frequency" ??? Default is set to ZERO ?? Should I leave this at zero , on battery and plugged in ???
    thanks
    tom

wingman1800, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

1. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep) - Similar Threads - Advanced Power Management

2. Group policy power management sleep settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy power management sleep settings not working: I have power management sleep settings configured via group policy - to allow network connectivity during connected standby. It's been working fine up until a few weeks ago. Now wifi connectivity is disabled when my laptop sleeps - despite the group policy configuration. I...
  3. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't find Power Management in advanced startup: I'm trying to turn on/off from my keyboard. In order to make to do this, you must access the Power Management settings/ ACPI Management. When I restart and go into the Advanced Startup page there is no section in the whole menu with Power Management or ACPI Management. Here...
  4. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Power Management in advanced startup: I'm trying to turn on/off from my keyboard. In order to make to do this, you must access the Power Management settings/ ACPI Management. When I restart and go into the Advanced Startup page there is no section in the whole menu with Power Management or ACPI Management. Here...
  5. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10: Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10, i am using Intel i3-1005G1 on Asus Vivo X421JAY_Z413JA. I have changed the CSEnabled to 0 in Registry and other option available to resolve but things are not working. Can anyone guide me if this feature is...
  7. Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.: My external hard drive keeps falling asleep after a set period of time, which makes it borderline unusable for gaming. I looked up how to fix this and every solution mentions changing the advanced power options on my power plan. However, windows removed many of the power...
  8. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

9. advanced power settings

advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  10. Advanced Power Management with CU

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Power Management with CU: now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one listed...."Maximum processor frequency" ??? Default is set to ZERO ?? Should I leave this at zero , on battery and plugged in ???...