Windows 10: Advanced Power Management with CU

Discus and support Advanced Power Management with CU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Advanced Power Management with CU

now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one listed...."Maximum processor frequency" ??? Default is set to ZERO ?? Should I leave this at zero , on battery and plugged in ???
    thanks
    tom

:)

wingman1800, Apr 25, 2017

2. Windows-10 Creators Update. v1703 Loss of Internet Access

Have a similar problem ever since W10 CU install ~6 months ago. Sometimes I have Ethernet after booting, sometimes I don't. It appears like a race-condition in the process of establishing network connectivity after power on/reboot/wake from Sleep. This
    might reflect a race condition CU caused, or a latent race condition in W7 that CU exposed.

MS initially provided me a script to run and capture event since I can reproduce it, but didn't respond to the datafile I provided. Very frustrating to not get a response.

Unfortunately, I'm left to manage it by manually putting my computer in Sleep mode, then immediately wake it. This has a high percentage of success and takes less time than a reboot. Once network connectivity is establish, it never drops until the computer
    goes into Sleep or power off.

Same HW never experienced this problem when running W7, or W10 (until CU installed).

FirstLastUSA, Apr 25, 2017
  3. am i offline??

finally found the answer inside wlan advanced setting(internet connection setting). power saving was set
    on by default. turned it off -->sweeeet. liking this tablet beauty more and more

ps. keeping it on is not draining the batt as quick than i thought it would as far as my use of this tablet (cu/\/\ phone) is concern

LOLOLOL---01, Apr 25, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Advanced Power Management with CU

Some people have set it to the maximum frequency of their CPU but I'm not sure that it does anything yet.

philc43, Apr 25, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    I haven`t changed it and my cpu is fine.

Maybe it was added to make OCing simpler, another silly addition.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Advanced Power Management with CU

1. Advanced Power Management with CU - Similar Threads - Advanced Power Management

2. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't find Power Management in advanced startup: I'm trying to turn on/off from my keyboard. In order to make to do this, you must access the Power Management settings/ ACPI Management. When I restart and go into the Advanced Startup page there is no section in the whole menu with Power Management or ACPI Management. Here...
  3. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Power Management in advanced startup: I'm trying to turn on/off from my keyboard. In order to make to do this, you must access the Power Management settings/ ACPI Management. When I restart and go into the Advanced Startup page there is no section in the whole menu with Power Management or ACPI Management. Here...
  4. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10: Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10, i am using Intel i3-1005G1 on Asus Vivo X421JAY_Z413JA. I have changed the CSEnabled to 0 in Registry and other option available to resolve but things are not working. Can anyone guide me if this feature is...
  6. power point no photo advancing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power point no photo advancing: PP photo slide show. After the second slide comes up, the music continues but the slides stop advancing. Why? How frustrating is this? I have tried many suggestions on the community site. Why won't Microsoft answer any questions?...
  7. Can't find Power Management in advanced startup

8. advanced power settings

advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  9. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Management? (Sleep): Hi Reddit - I am a professional media guy and need to render long files occasionally. Does anyone know of a way or utility that will let me customize sleep cycles? If I just leave chrome open I just want my computer to sleep and then shut down after a while. I don't want it...
  10. CU Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CU Power Settings?: I just upgraded my laptop to the CU and noticed there is a new option under Processor Power Management of Maximum Processor Frequency which is set to 0 MHz by default! What's this for and how should it be configured? [img] 95529