Windows 10: Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?

Discus and support Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Prior to the Build 1703 "upgrade", my Power Options > Advanced Settings had many more settings, for example, maximum CPA power levels, and graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobertC, Apr 16, 2017.

1. RobertC Win User

Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go?

Prior to the Build 1703 "upgrade", my Power Options > Advanced Settings had many more settings, for example, maximum CPA power levels, and graphics utilization. They are gone now, and only items such as "close lid" and "power button", brightness settings, remain. The new "Battery Saver" feature is lame in comparison. Anyone have an answer whether I can still install all of the old Advanced Settings? Battery life just dropped in half. Thanks.

:)

RobertC, Apr 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 1709 missing maximum frequency of the processor

I remember having this option in previous insider builds under Power Options Advanced Settings. But Microsoft did not include it in RS4 builds. These are power supply settings. I did not believe Microsoft power settings can override intel's turbo boost
    technology but is making OS power supply available for use by Intel processor.

Jmarco0921, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Adaptive brightness automatically enables

I am using windows 10 education build 1703.

My laptop's brightness changes to 50% after every startup of windows. This started after I updated the windows to build 1703. One thing that I noticed is that after every startup adaptive brightness settings automatically enables (I tried to change it through
    advanced power option and also from services using services.msc in the run).

AbdullahIrfan, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Have a look in 'Change plan settings' for your currently selected power plan and click its 'Change advanced power settings'. There are a lot of options available there.

5. TairikuOkami, Apr 17, 2017
  6. RobertC Win User
    Thanks for the replies. I will try downloading the drivers and finding the power management driver to see what I can do with it. As for the "advanced settings", most of them disappeared. I had great power plans set up, but with the "Creative" Win10 upgrade last week, it wiped out all of them (as well as wiping out some other stuff I had set up, such as KeyTweak).

RobertC, Apr 17, 2017
  7. RobertC Win User
    Hello. I installed all of the driver packages (two of them). the "advanced power settings" in the Power Plan settings have not changed at all. How do I otherwise manage CPU power, etc., like I used to do in the "advanced power settings"? Is there a power management utility somewhere else in Win10 build 1703?

RobertC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Advanced Power Options under Build 1703 - Where did they go? - Similar Threads - Advanced Power Options

2. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  3. Where did my power options go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my power options go?: I updated my laptop about a week ago to the most recent Windows 11 update and ever since I have gotten the "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" message as well as "There are currently no power options available". The only way for me to turn my computer on...
  4. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?: In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?...
  5. Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?

Where did the System Cooling Policy option go in Windows 11 advanced power plan settings?: In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and "change advanced power settings", under "Processor power management" the System Cooling Policy option is missing, where did it go?where can i see what is my current system cooling policy setting?...
  6. Where did processor power management go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did processor power management go?: Processor power management is missing (along with several other things) from the Advanced Settings under Power Options in Windows 10. It was there at the start of the year, but it's gone now. CsEnabled is also gone from registry, so that can't be used to restore it. What...
  7. Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did the option to change a Folder Icon go?: It used to be that you could right-click on an Icon, click Properties>Customize>Change Icon and select a new icon image for a given folder. That option no longer appears under the Customize sub-menu for some Folder, but it does for others. What's up with that and how do I...
  8. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...
  9. Where did the shape of native option go ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did the shape of native option go ?: In previous version of Windows, I had the ability to change shape of native digits, but in update 1903, that option has gone, as well as when to the option to set when to use the native digits. I was able to change the native digits, but required me to make modification in...
  10. Where did "From the Web" option go?

Where did "From the Web" option go?: We've installed Win 1709 and MS Photos on all of our devices but some of them have the option to add Photos and Videos "From the Web" and some of our devices don't have that option. Why is there a difference and how do I make them all have the option to add "From the Web"?...