Windows 10: Advanced Power Plan setting not working

Discus and support Advanced Power Plan setting not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YvesB, Oct 26, 2022.

1. YvesB Win User

Advanced Power Plan setting not working

Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting stays at Balanced.Note that that function worked perfectly well before the last update.Any suggestion about how to bring that back?Thanks

:)

YvesB, Oct 26, 2022
  2. YvesB Win User

Hi,

Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.

When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting stays at Balanced.

Note that that function worked perfectly well before the last update.

Any suggestion about how to bring that back?

Thanks

YvesB, Oct 26, 2022
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Oct 26, 2022
  4. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

Power Options: Edit Plan Settings & Advanced Settings - Restore Power Plan Defaults Not Working

swanTight

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that suggestion did not resolve the issue.

The option to "Restore Plan Defaults" for Power Options is still not available and the "Restore Plan Defaults" button on the advanced settings screen is still grayed out.

Thank You

Jamie Grau, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Advanced Power Plan setting not working - Similar Threads - Advanced Power Plan

2. Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings: Hi everyone. I'm using Windows 10 and want to optimize my power plan for power saving, but it's showing not enough like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-missing-some-advanced-power-plan/a1ced14b-263c-4cb4-8c63-c06b2fcb5bb1
  3. Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings: Hi everyone. I'm using Windows 10 and want to optimize my power plan for power saving, but it's showing not enough like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-missing-some-advanced-power-plan/a1ced14b-263c-4cb4-8c63-c06b2fcb5bb1
  4. Windows 10 missing some advanced power plan settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced power plan information not available: Hi everyone. I am having trouble with this advanced power option in control panel. I tried with troubleshooting but it's not work at all. The screen is like this:Can someone help me?...
  6. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced power plan information not available: Hi everyone. I am having trouble with this advanced power option in control panel. I tried with troubleshooting but it's not work at all. The screen is like this:Can someone help me?...
  7. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  9. Power plan settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power plan settings: Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and...
  10. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work: We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and...