Windows 10: Advanced power settings help

Discus and support Advanced power settings help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello a few months ago i downlaoded AVG battery saver lnto my laptop and i deleted it awhile sgo snd now its still being used on my laptop even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlyTremlett, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Advanced power settings help

Hello a few months ago i downlaoded AVG battery saver lnto my laptop and i deleted it awhile sgo snd now its still being used on my laptop even though the app isnt on my laptop.

everytime i turn my laptop on the battery lowers and i looked on my advanced power settings and it shows AVG Eco but i dont understand how to change it to go back to balanced anytips??

thank you

:)

CarlyTremlett, Feb 13, 2021
  2. MikeJ Win User

Problem with Advanced Power Settings

I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my Power Plan Settings. I run the High Performance, so i click on Change plan settings. On the Edit Plan Settings page i click on Change advanced power settings. IT WILL NOT OPEN ! Right click, left click, double click, it does nothing. It is not grayed out. I tried to research it more but really haven't found any info except their may be a power scheme overriding windows. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

MikeJ, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Guru-# Win User

Advanced power settings help

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Advanced power settings help

1. Advanced power settings help - Similar Threads - Advanced power settings

2. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  3. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  4. Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options: [ATTACH] Windows won't turn my display off or go to sleep anymore (since 2 weeks or so). I did not change anything and I don't know since when my advanced power option settings don't have the Multimedia stuff anymore... I tried to get them back by doing this...
  5. Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?: My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those options? I have USB devices plugged in. Like my mouse, a hard drive, an m-disc drive....
  6. Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options": I have a new dell vostro 7500 with win 10 2004. When I got to advanced power options under any of the power plans, I don't see many of the options I normally see. here is all i see https://ibb.co/kxgZLrT I tried the instructions on the following page, but my regedit does...
  7. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  8. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  9. Can not change Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not change Advanced Power Settings: I have switch to the high performance power plan but I want to change a few of the advanced power settings but when I click on it nothing happens no menu, nothing!...
  10. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...