Windows 10: Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out

Discus and support Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to access some areas of the control panel that are only available when it is run as administrator. I am unable to do this because the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anton85, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Anton85 Win User

Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out

I need to access some areas of the control panel that are only available when it is run as administrator.

I am unable to do this because the option to do so is grayed out.

UAC is turned off.

How can I run control panel as administrator?

Here's a video with a duration of 58 seconds to demonstrate the problem: https://youtu.be/R4et0Eyz8nM

:)

Anton85, Apr 4, 2019

2. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 4, 2019
  4. wh0pper28 Win User

Run as Administrator in Windows 10

Hello,

I have followed your steps as instructed to effectively create key entries for both Command Prompt, and Registry Editor. Registry Editor usually opens with administrator privileges although I was hoping this registry edit would bypass the UAC prompt, and the command line simply opens as usual, not as elevated. I know I could create a shortcut for cmd and create a scheduled task to run as administrator or even select the 'Run as Administrator' checkbox within the shortcuts advanced properties but again I was hoping this would too bypass the UAC prompt when using the direct application path, and not a shortcut. Am I missing something?

Regards

wh0pper28, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Advanced Properties Run

2. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: I'm trying to fix some issues with some apps not opened/running and in the app properties, the 'Run as Administrator' option is greyed out and I can't tick it. Under my info in the account settings, I am labelled as Administrator so I'm defiantly logged into the right...
  3. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

Run as Administrator Greyed Out: The option the tick the 'Run as Administrator' in app properties is greyed out. I'm logged into the Administrator account so I don't know why it's not letting me change it.Screenshot of the setting greyed out I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2....
  4. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  5. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  6. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

7. advanced properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced properties: i'm trying to make my mic less static by going into advanced mic properties which I found. but a lot of the settings are grayed out and I can't change them. this is my personal computer so this is kinda confusing. how do i unblock these settings such as the "default format"...
  8. i have a problem with the "run as administrator" property.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have a problem with the "run as administrator" property.: i put my intel XTU shortcut into my startup folder so it will start up when i boot up my pc. the problem is that the file asks me for administrator access so i went into the advanced properties in the shorcut settings to allow it startup without asking me, but the option is...
  9. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  10. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as administrator greyed out

2. run as administrator greyed out windows 10

3. run as administrator grayed out

4. windows cannot change shortcut advanced properties,
  5. run as adminstrato greyed out,
  6. unable to have word run a admin greyed out,
  7. loged in as administrator but some commands are grayed out,
  8. win 10 program advanced setting run as administrator is greyed out,
  9. run this program as administrator greyed out,
  10. run as adminstrator greyed out,
  11. run as administrator is greyed out,