Windows 10: Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out

Discus and support Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to access some areas of the control panel that are only available when it is run as administrator. I am unable to do this because the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anton85, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Anton85 Win User

Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out

I need to access some areas of the control panel that are only available when it is run as administrator.

I am unable to do this because the option to do so is grayed out.

UAC is turned off.

How can I run control panel as administrator?

Here's a video with a duration of 58 seconds to demonstrate the problem: https://youtu.be/R4et0Eyz8nM

:)

Anton85, Apr 4, 2019

2. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 4, 2019
  4. wh0pper28 Win User

Run as Administrator in Windows 10

Hello,

I have followed your steps as instructed to effectively create key entries for both Command Prompt, and Registry Editor. Registry Editor usually opens with administrator privileges although I was hoping this registry edit would bypass the UAC prompt, and the command line simply opens as usual, not as elevated. I know I could create a shortcut for cmd and create a scheduled task to run as administrator or even select the 'Run as Administrator' checkbox within the shortcuts advanced properties but again I was hoping this would too bypass the UAC prompt when using the direct application path, and not a shortcut. Am I missing something?

Regards

wh0pper28, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Advanced Properties/Run As Administrator Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Advanced Properties Run

2. Auto-Rotate Grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Rotate Grayed out: Hello, I am unsure of what to do after going through all of the steps recommended by previous questions. A few days ago my Auto-Rotate icon disappeared, through the Registry Edit I was able to get the icon back, but it is still grayed out. I have tried to use Tent mode and...
  3. Location Services Grayed Out

Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  4. Advanced Tab in Network Adapter Properties is Blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advanced Tab in Network Adapter Properties is Blank: Hi there. I am currently experiencing an issue with my network speed since resetting my PC. I looked into it and discovered that it was a relatively easy fix, by accessing the advanced setting on my network adapter. However, when i open the advanced tab it is blank, and on...
  5. maximize button grayed out

maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  6. Airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode is grayed out: Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off. Consequently no wifi. Help! Thanks...
  7. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  8. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out: Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it. I can manaully change the option in Display...
  9. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...
  10. Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update: I had to reinstall some language packs and then reinstall my latest windows update so that it would fix the broken search, but now, in typical Windows 10 whack-a-mole fashion, I can no longer run shortcuts to .bat files as an administrator. I have a number of .bat files to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as administrator windows 10 check box grayed out in properties shortcut tab