Windows 10: Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix

Discus and support Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to uninstall an update so i went to advanced recovery options but when i inserted my passwordof my microsoft account the password was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MAZ FAMILY, May 17, 2021.

1. Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix

I wanted to uninstall an update so i went to advanced recovery options but when i inserted my passwordof my microsoft account the password was incorrect i tried multiple times but the problem still remained. Then i turned off the option "Only allow windows hello sign in for microsoft accounts on this device" in "Settings>Accounts>Sign-in-Options>"and the problem was fixed . I wanted to share it so it might help others .The screenshot is given below. Sorry for bad English

:)

MAZ FAMILY, May 17, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Advanced recovery and login passwords do not match

Hi,

• Do you have any problems with the computer?
    • Why are you trying to access advanced recovery options?
    You may refer to the links for recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10

I suggest you to reset the password once and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, May 17, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 17, 2021
  4. Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix

Cannot get to advanced recovery options

Hi Joe,

I realize that you are unable to get to the advanced recovery options. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• When you say “disabled my ability to enter the password”, are you not able to type the password or are you getting any error message while trying to type the password?

• Are you able to login using a different user account?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix

1. Advanced Recovery Options Password Incorrect Fix - Similar Threads - Advanced Recovery Options

2. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  3. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  4. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options: I have altered the Processor and Memory settings for the System Configuration - BOOT Advanced options. MSConfig App. I increased the Processor and Memory the to maximum values available.Having done the alteration, I laptop failed to reboot. It has stopped at the point it...
  6. Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options

Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options: I have altered the Processor and Memory settings for the System Configuration - BOOT Advanced options. MSConfig App. I increased the Processor and Memory the to maximum values available.Having done the alteration, I laptop failed to reboot. It has stopped at the point it...
  7. Administrative password in advanced options

Administrative password in advanced options: I accidentally downloaded a corrupted file, which led me to reset my laptop. Now on the 'getting started' phase the one where you've to enter your region, time, date etc , it says downloading updates for windows but it automatically restarts the pc and I have to select...
  8. Administrative password in advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrative password in advanced options: I accidentally downloaded a corrupted file, which led me to reset my laptop. Now on the 'getting started' phase the one where you've to enter your region, time, date etc , it says downloading updates for windows but it automatically restarts the pc and I have to select...
  9. Recovery Environment Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Environment Password Incorrect: Hello all, For the past few weeks I've been having issues with booting my Asus laptop. There has been a few ongoing problems with drivers and windows update. But thats another story. Ultimately I'm in the recovery environment trying to refresh the windows install on my...
  10. Missing Advanced Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Advanced Recovery Options: Hi, So when I go to the 'Recovery Options' and than Advanced, there are only 2 options available: UEFI Boot Settings and Advanced Setup Options. There is no Command Prompt or System Image settings etc. Many Thanks in advance INFO - Windows 10 Enterprise, 1909 - Standard...