Windows 10: advanced restore 2 problems

Discus and support advanced restore 2 problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After an advanced restore 2 problems developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Nov 6, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

advanced restore 2 problems

After an advanced restore 2 problems developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. After the computer restarts the other problem becomes evident. In order to bring up the password for turning windows on a control alt delete is required. Sticky keys are not active and I cannot do this.

:)

jalea148, Nov 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

advanced restore 2 problems [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2019
  4. advanced restore 2 problems

How can I restore my screen resolution to when it was before Windows forced me to update?

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

advanced restore 2 problems

1. advanced restore 2 problems - Similar Threads - advanced restore problems

2. Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems: Hello!I have a very unique issue where I need to prevent a user from accessing a file path by any method other than going through a directory in Windows 11 Home eddition. For example, if I had the directory D:/Folder1/Folder2, I'd want the user to first need to navigate to...
  3. Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems: Hello!I have a very unique issue where I need to prevent a user from accessing a file path by any method other than going through a directory in Windows 11 Home eddition. For example, if I had the directory D:/Folder1/Folder2, I'd want the user to first need to navigate to...
  4. Advanced Startup Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Problems: Alright so, i wanna reset my pc from advanced startup so i dont need to use boot device but when i open advanced startup and click troubleshoot it directly goes into advanced options what do i do to fix this?...
  5. Restore problem

Restore problem: I did restore on my Windows 10 and now am back to windows 7 and none of my icons are working. How can I undo this restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-problem/e5a0ac2e-4a68-4a60-86f5-a50bc3cfdcfe
  6. After an advanced restore a new problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After an advanced restore a new problem: After an advanced restore a problem developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. running Windows 10 desktop 143921
  7. Advanced system restore and restore file locations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advanced system restore and restore file locations: I'm using windows 10 pro and am trying to get restore locations moved from and old drive to a new drive. I'm trying to figure out what folders and files I need to move and where to move them so I can have the restore points show when I open system recovery. Creating a system...
  8. Advanced Restoration Service

Advanced Restoration Service: I have a computer maintenance program and they are telling me my Advanced Restoration Service has just expired July 9. I am told I have to have this re-newed or my anti-virus and files will be corrupted. After calling them this morning, they said I have 281 out of 300 files...
  9. Advanced Permissions Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Advanced Permissions Problem: I want to change the Title of a single file in it's Properties > Details Tab > Description line. When I try to make the change by going to the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link and Apply, I get the message: "You'll Need To Provide Administrator Permission To...
  10. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...