Windows 10: Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?

Discus and support Advanced scaling settings - how to reset? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all,So, I tried using a custom scaling size for an app exe properties -> compatibility -> change high dpi -> open advanced because I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by muki__, Jun 5, 2021.

1. muki__ Win User

Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?

Hi all,So, I tried using a custom scaling size for an app exe properties -> compatibility -> change high dpi -> open advanced because I was trying to scale an old app originally made for 640x480 resolutions to my 1440p monitor. It's this setting here. I added "100" as the custom scaling value.Now I don't want it anymore, because it doesn't work the way I thought it would. It changes my entire monitor resolution to 480p which messes up my other windows and desktop icons, so I want to turn it off.Except that I can't. I go back to advanced scaling settings, and when I remove the v

:)

muki__, Jun 5, 2021
  2. HeyKeys Win User

outlook blurry & advanced scaling settings

There is no compatibility tab. I am using windows 10 1803

Can you please list the steps with regard to the second solution you are proposing?

Please also read again the original question.

I want to avoid having to navigate the options to eliminate the scaling value of 100% and loging out, each time I am using my computer with the laptop screen only (i.e. not connected to the two external monitors). Windows should be able to detect this on
    its own, without me telling windows "hey the two monitors are not connected", please use a scaling adpated for the laptop screen.

Yes I need further assistance.

HeyKeys, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?

outlook blurry & advanced scaling settings

Thank you for the update.

This issue is common to high DPI external monitors. To resolve follow these steps:

1. Right-click on your Outlook shortcut, and select Properties.
    2. Go to the Compatibility tab.
    3. Check the Override high DPI scaling behavior checkbox.
    4. Click Apply, then OK.
    5. Launch Outlook.

Another workaround that worked for other users using external monitor/s is to set one of the external screens as the main display, log off, and then log on.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?

1. Advanced scaling settings - how to reset? - Similar Threads - Advanced scaling settings

2. Individual advanced display scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Individual advanced display scaling: I have been searching for any methods to adjust individual scaling of my monitors, however, I only find these 2 methods:1 Fixed scaling for individual monitor scaling 100%, 125%, 150%, 175% etc...--> This can help me to set the fixed scaling for my monitors individually2...
  3. Individual advanced display scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual advanced display scaling: I have been searching for any methods to adjust individual scaling of my monitors, however, I only find these 2 methods:1 Fixed scaling for individual monitor scaling 100%, 125%, 150%, 175% etc...--> This can help me to set the fixed scaling for my monitors individually2...
  4. Individual advanced display scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  6. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  7. Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?

Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?: Instead of 100% or 125%, I want to select something like 115% for my Dell UP3216Q. I find 100% too tiny but think I can use 115% to 118%, that seems to be just right. does that mean if I go into "Custom scaling" and enter a custom scaling size between 100%-500% (let's say...
  8. Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting: In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing Settings and enable "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing." I enable these settings on the three...
  9. Advance Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advance Reset: Hey im having torubke to reset my PC because im trying to sell it. It doesnt let me fully reset it and it just says changes werent made. I already did the command promt still not working. Please help....
  10. Advanced Scaling not resetting

Advanced Scaling not resetting: after playing around with the settings in the aluncher of a game windows asked me about a setting that was supposed to help with blurryness. i have clicked multiple times cancel before selecting "No and dont ask me again" however the setting was still applied. now i have set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 software high dpi setting reset

2. how to reset dell scaling to 100-500