Windows 10: advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

Discus and support advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have had verizon/aol e-mail as my windows e-mail several times on my windows 10 lenova thinkpad computer but over the past year or so it gets glitzy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BgRdWlf31, Nov 3, 2021.

1. BgRdWlf31 Win User

advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

i have had verizon/aol e-mail as my windows e-mail several times on my windows 10 lenova thinkpad computer but over the past year or so it gets glitzy and stops working . I go back reset it back up, works for awhile and then stops working and as before i get the message "your settings are out of date".i have tried several times in the last 6 months to reset it back up but have had no success [strangely enough, on the aol mail app on my ipad pro and samsung phone it works!]i have even tried advanced set-up but i do not see a spot to input the ingoing and outgoing server port numbers....i had

:)

BgRdWlf31, Nov 3, 2021
  2. clam1952 Win User

Outlook and Verizon Mail on AOL

AOL has merged with Yahoo now both belong to Oath. My rarely used AOL mail however is working OK with IMAP on Thunderbird so must be just Verizon related.

All AOL based Email, that's AOL, AOLUK, Aim, Compuserve, Netscape and Verizon now goes through mx-aol.mail.gm0.yahoodns.net: Which is probably why it keeps throwing up the Yahoo stuff?

clam1952, Nov 3, 2021
  3. Hitman Win User
    E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Nov 3, 2021
  4. advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

1. advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail - Similar Threads - advanced setup verizon

2. Outlook mail for AOL/Verizon is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail for AOL/Verizon is not working: I have two computers, one in Michigan and one in Florida. I just got back to Florida today and tried to start up outlook and it says it cannot connect to the folder. I tried to generate a new password for Outlook. Not sure where to copy it to. When I try to repair the folder...
  3. Outlook mail for AOL/Verizon is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook mail for AOL/Verizon is not working: I have two computers, one in Michigan and one in Florida. I just got back to Florida today and tried to start up outlook and it says it cannot connect to the folder. I tried to generate a new password for Outlook. Not sure where to copy it to. When I try to repair the folder...
  4. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  5. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  6. advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail: i have had verizon/aol e-mail as my windows e-mail several times on my windows 10 lenova thinkpad computer but over the past year or so it gets glitzy and stops working . I go back reset it back up, works for awhile and then stops working and as before i get the message "your...
  7. advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail: i have had verizon/aol e-mail as my windows e-mail several times on my windows 10 lenova thinkpad computer but over the past year or so it gets glitzy and stops working . I go back reset it back up, works for awhile and then stops working and as before i get the message "your...
  8. Aol Verizon E Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aol Verizon E Mail: I had an Email account by Verizon serviced by aol. I can no longer access that E Mail. What happened and can I recover my E mails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-verizon-e-mail/08f2408e-a692-4337-8f8a-fcab3ccd0a39
  9. Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail setup for Verizon now AOL account: I just got a new PC with Windows 10, and for some reason cannot get the Windows Mail app to sync with my Verizon / AOL email account. Verizon email was bought by AOL some time back; email address and server settings are still Verizon though. I'm using all the same...
  10. Outlook and Verizon Mail on AOL

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and Verizon Mail on AOL: Sometime back Verizon gave their e-mail operations to AOL. All has been working well until earlier this week when suddenly the IMAP folders would not sync. Checking online, all that could be found was to reset the IMAP settings in Outlook. After doing this multiple times,...