Windows 10: Advanced sharing query.

Discus and support Advanced sharing query. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skofab, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Advanced sharing query.

I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit)
    On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices.
    On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into line with the others
    Your help and guidance very much appreciated.

:)

Skofab, Dec 29, 2017
  2. gino76ph Win User

Photos sharing query

So, if say I have Whatsapp, Dropbox, Youtube, Google+ installed in my phone can I essentially share a photo via those ones I mentioned?

gino76ph, Dec 29, 2017
  3. gino76ph Win User
    Photos sharing query

Hi.

Currently have an iphone 5C and don't get me wrong I love the camera but I have been hearing the Nokia Lumia phones takes better photos.

My question is: what options can one send a photo to? ( iPhones are quite limited to Facebook, Twitter, email,etc)

And is there any alternative app I can download where sharing options are a bundle (like sending it to Evernote, Dropbox,etc)

Pls advice.

Thanks.

gino76ph, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Advanced sharing query.

In File Explorer, on the View ribbon select Options. In the 'Folder options' box that appears, select its View tab. Scroll down to the bottom of 'Advanced settings' and tick the box for 'Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)'.

5. Skofab Win User
    Hi there Bree
    many thanks - first time fix. I am most grateful.
    regards

Skofab, Dec 30, 2017
  6. Skofab Win User
    There has been an interesting postscript to this thread.
    Firstly thanks to Bree for solving the problem.

For some time, the computer in question did not always show in the network list - it was very intermittent (and annoying)
    I noticed that following Bree's fix - the computer disappeared completely from the network list.

Applying logic (Guesswork) - I undid the fix, then made sure that all the advanced entries/permissions were removed - then re applied 'the fix'.
    This did the trick, so now the computer appears everytime in the network list*Wink.

Skofab, Jan 1, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Thanks for the postscript. That is an interesting observation and should help others. A common question here is 'why can't other PCs see my Windows 10 PC on the network?'.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Advanced sharing query.

1. Advanced sharing query. - Similar Threads - Advanced sharing query

2. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Advanced Sharing Center: I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly...
  3. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties: I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see: "Domain.local 2 Domain network" At issue is the "2". I'm just about convinced...
  4. Need help on basic sharing query

Need help on basic sharing query: OK, not an expert here. I have a W7 computer laptop. I then bought a W10 computer. It connected via the same router. I then created a folder and made it sharable. When I try file explorer on my W10 computer, it finds the folder under network. But when I look on my W7...
  5. Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC: Hello - first post Everytime I go to change advnace sharing to turn network discovery on and save changes It boots me out of the gui back to desktop and will not save the change I have tried running it as admin no same result My android tablet can no longer find my pc...
  6. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  7. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  8. Query

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Query: Query Query Query Query Query 26801
  9. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  10. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...