Windows 10: Advanced sharing query.

Discus and support Advanced sharing query. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skofab, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Advanced sharing query.

I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit)
    On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices.
    On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into line with the others
    Your help and guidance very much appreciated.

:)

Skofab, Dec 29, 2017
  2. gino76ph Win User

Photos sharing query

So, if say I have Whatsapp, Dropbox, Youtube, Google+ installed in my phone can I essentially share a photo via those ones I mentioned?

gino76ph, Dec 29, 2017
  3. gino76ph Win User
    Photos sharing query

Hi.

Currently have an iphone 5C and don't get me wrong I love the camera but I have been hearing the Nokia Lumia phones takes better photos.

My question is: what options can one send a photo to? ( iPhones are quite limited to Facebook, Twitter, email,etc)

And is there any alternative app I can download where sharing options are a bundle (like sending it to Evernote, Dropbox,etc)

Pls advice.

Thanks.

gino76ph, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Advanced sharing query.

In File Explorer, on the View ribbon select Options. In the 'Folder options' box that appears, select its View tab. Scroll down to the bottom of 'Advanced settings' and tick the box for 'Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)'.

5. Skofab Win User
    Hi there Bree
    many thanks - first time fix. I am most grateful.
    regards

Skofab, Dec 30, 2017
  6. Skofab Win User
    There has been an interesting postscript to this thread.
    Firstly thanks to Bree for solving the problem.

For some time, the computer in question did not always show in the network list - it was very intermittent (and annoying)
    I noticed that following Bree's fix - the computer disappeared completely from the network list.

Applying logic (Guesswork) - I undid the fix, then made sure that all the advanced entries/permissions were removed - then re applied 'the fix'.
    This did the trick, so now the computer appears everytime in the network list*Wink.

Skofab, Jan 1, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Thanks for the postscript. That is an interesting observation and should help others. A common question here is 'why can't other PCs see my Windows 10 PC on the network?'.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Advanced sharing query.

1. Advanced sharing query. - Similar Threads - Advanced sharing query

2. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  3. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  5. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  6. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Customization
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  7. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  8. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

9. ATP - Advance hunting queries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ATP - Advance hunting queries: HI Team,Can you please help me to find the Advance hunting query for the below requirementantimalware client version for specific OS versionRegards,Harish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/atp-advance-hunting-queries/06fff286-47df-4804-a056-00675a0cdcb7
  10. Network/advanced Shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...