Windows 10: Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

Discus and support Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joelshort, Apr 12, 2020.

1. joelshort Win User

Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing Settings and enable "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing."

I enable these settings on the three windows 10 computers in my network. Two of those computers are NUC's. On one of the NUC's those Advanced Sharing settings will somehow keep getting reset to off. The settings will initially save and work for a random period of time, but after some unknown trigger those settings will spontaneously change to off. At that point I can't access the files on that NUC. The other NUC does not have this problem.

All my machines are running 1909, but this issue has been present for a long time.

Any ideas on how to keep those Advanced Sharing settings from resetting?

:)

joelshort, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Advanced Sharing Settings Randomnly resetting.

Hi Jack,

The issue that you are having about Advanced Sharing Settings randomly resetting is best handled on our
    TechNet forums. This forum contains IT professionals that focus more on advanced technical discussions related to your concern, especially if the concern is happening on multiple computers.

Furthermore, we have found some threads related to it that can provide you some tips and recommendations in addressing the concern. Kindly click this
    link to check it. If the suggestions
    did not work for you, you can submit your own query so they can assist you accordingly.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Advanced Sharing Settings Randomnly resetting.

Hello,

Over the past month, my work (multiple computers) have been having trouble with their Advanced Sharing Settings randomnly resetting on Windows 10. We do not know what is causing this to happen.This is a problem because we use these settings to have our scan
    folders properly working with our at-work scanner. So what will happen is people will scan 100's of pages of documents just to find out that none of it went through to their folder.

This has happened around 30 times across the office, and everytime to fix this, I've gone in and changed these 2 settings back to what is selected in the image link below.

The following settings that are circled/highlighted will be the settings that Windows will randomnly revert back to. (Just 2 settings)

Imgur

For clarity:

• Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)
    • Turn on password protected sharing
    Other information that might be of use is that we are using:

• GFI Cloud Antivirus
    • Windows 10 Pro

I'm hoping for some insight on this, since I've had trouble browsing for this issue elsewhere.

Thanks,

JackJenkins1, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting - Similar Threads - Advanced Sharing Settings

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced scaling settings - how to reset?: Hi all,So, I tried using a custom scaling size for an app exe properties -> compatibility -> change high dpi -> open advanced because I was trying to scale an old app originally made for 640x480 resolutions to my 1440p monitor. It's this setting here. I added "100" as the...
  5. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  6. ADvanced Key Setting to Toggle Between Language/Input Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADvanced Key Setting to Toggle Between Language/Input Keeps Resetting: Hello, I have set up shortcuts under the "Text Services and Input Languages" window. I have assigned three shortcuts to three languages: English, Greek, and Hebrew. however, when I am not in Word they do not work. In addition, I have to reset the shortcuts constantly as...
  7. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  8. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  9. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...
  10. Advanced sharing query.

Advanced sharing query.: I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices. On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advanced sharing settings keeps reverted