Windows 10: "Advanced sizing of text…" does not work.

Discus and support "Advanced sizing of text…" does not work. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Trying to change the text size - and I was able to, to 24 across the board, under "advanced sizing of text and other items". Now when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tosca, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Tosca Win User

"Advanced sizing of text…" does not work.

Hello,

Trying to change the text size - and I was able to, to 24 across the board, under "advanced sizing of text and other items". Now when I try to change it again, to make it smaller, 24 is too large, the only thing that happens is the task bar and Windows desktop does a "refresh" but the "advanced sizing of text…" does not appear and nothing I do seems to have an impact.

UPDATE: Just tried to run "file explorer" and the same things is happening - I click on the file icon, in the task bar, and the desktop refreshes. I click the start button and then click "file explorer" - and the same thing happens. So this would seem to be more widespread than just impacting "advanced sizing of text…". Of course…LOL

I'm running a Dell XPS desktop with 8gb, dual quad core 2.66ghz, 64bit, with a 300gb hard drive. The drive was wiped and formatted, Windows 10 installed and the only additional items installed were the Belkin USB Wireless adapter, Chrome, and Firefox. Nothing has been downloaded.

The system is 4.5 years old and moves like lightening with Windows 10 installed (I was using it as a test system running Server 2008 R2). But there are definitely bugs - it's frozen on me 3x in 2 hours just browsing a few sites - Ebay, Yahoo, Twitter.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help for it?

Thanks!
    Rob

:)

Tosca, Aug 1, 2015
  2. DonMeJr Win User

Icon Font Size

I found that the reason this setting is "grayed-out" unchangeable in Windows 10 is due to video card settings (hopefully card manufacturers will soon update their WIn 10 drivers to fix this issue). I resolved this by "right-clicking" the screen and selecting
    Nvidia Control Panel "Change Resolution" then switching "output color format" from RBG to YCbCr444, then I was able to make the Icon font bold and other size increases in "display settings, advanced, advanced text... (and make sure the "Change size of Text,
    Apps, etc" is set to 125% or won't allow "advance text" adjustments)

DonMeJr, Aug 1, 2015
  3. What happen to the control panel that allow me to change the text size

Did what you said and moved to "change size of text apps other item" there was no Advanced display setting to that advanced sizing of Text....that is want to change Screen text size, not what I wanted....want to change the menu bars not screen font sized.
    But there was and advanced sizing to Text to select....only option I had was the scale from 100% to 175%....Totally not the answer...and want menu text size not screen sizing of fonts!! Totally different

EdwardJocz, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

"Advanced sizing of text…" does not work.

1. "Advanced sizing of text…" does not work. - Similar Threads - Advanced sizing text…

2. text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    text size: i literally just hit like one **** key and now suddenly my youtube cc is **** TINY and so are my notifications. i cant find anything on this and it's really **** annoying. how the **** did i do this and how do i fix it???...
  3. text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text size: i literally just hit like one **** key and now suddenly my youtube cc is **** TINY and so are my notifications. i cant find anything on this and it's really **** annoying. how the **** did i do this and how do i fix it???...
  4. text size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  6. size of text

size of text: Please Help.I have tried every setting I can find with limited success. The text, icons, etc, are all sized well except for a few places that are so small I cant read them. For example, if I open "Control Panel" all the icons and text are perfectly sized for me to read. But...
  7. Text Size

Text Size: I just updated to windows 2004 and it changed the text size under my displayed shortcuts. How do I change the text size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-size/71b48c43-aaf8-4b83-ad3a-87c6d6a6557f
  8. text size

text size: Anyone know how to change text size in the control panel of windows 10. I just got the 1903 update on a lenovo yoga 720. I can change it everywhere else, but not certail message boxes like control panel. The size is TINY in the panel. Thanks...
  9. Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!: Does anybody know where "advanced sizing of text and other items" from display settings is gone ? I cannot find it anywhere and I need Windows to have bigger fonts (and I don't want to scale everything, just the size of the text). If it's completely gone with Creators Update,...
  10. text size

in Windows 10 Support
    text size: I have just upgraded to windows 10. I find the text size of 125% best suits me - but it plays havoc with my SmartSuite 123 files. Any ways to selectively change the text size?? Thanks Colin Lambert 47758