Windows 10: Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

Discus and support Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 64bit 1809 os build 17763 along with Deepin 64bit 15.10. Both the system working well. I have a problem with the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mnthn, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Mnthn Win User

Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

I have installed Windows 10 64bit 1809 os build 17763 along with Deepin 64bit 15.10. Both the system working well. I have a problem with the Windows Advanced startup option it is not there when I restart to advanced startup there is only one option and that is to Turn off the PC

I want to install a digitally unsigned driver that is Dolby Advanced Audio V2 that is why I want to disable the digital signature enforcement. I have tried the solution from this link How to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 I tried all solutions from the link, solution 1, 3, and 4 did not work for me and 2nd I changed as per instruction but when I tried to install it did not work.

I tried bcdedit but I got an error The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified. I need help with this.

:)

Mnthn, Apr 30, 2019
  2. dsar Win User

Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10.

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 7559
    Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz
    Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M, 4GB GDDR5 video memory

Back Story

1. Two days ago I tried to install hackintosh on the laptop while Windows 10 Home is intact. I installed it in a different partition on the same harddrive. So the Windows was at C and the Mac OS Sierra was at E while D is used for data storage.
    2. In the process of installation, I press F4 while highlighting the Mac OS installation and then tried to boot it. But I couldn't boot it. The hackintosh failed.
    3. I gave up, and then boot from the Windows 10 but it also failed. It showed that there is no bootable device.
    4. I made a usb bootable windows 10 to recover the bcd using the command prompt option in the installation but it still failed to boot.
    5. I ended up installing the new windows 10 on the E drive (wiping out the failed hackintosh). After doing this, I succeeded.
    6. I am able to boot to the new windows as well as the old windows.

To keep things clean, I want to do a factory image restore. The problem is that because I used bcdedit before (see 4), I couldn't find the option to do the factory image restore.

I read online that I can fix the bcd using the visual bcd editor. I have no clue how to use it.

Here's a screenshot of the bcd visual editor on my computer.

Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot [​IMG]

Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot [​IMG]

I wanted to be able to do a factory image restore.

How can I do this using BCD Visual Editor?

Thanks in advanced.

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

Windows 10 Disappeared as Dual Boot Option

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let’s try few methods and check if it helps:

Try to boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if it helps:

I suggest you to Boot from the Windows DVD to get into safe mode and check if it helps:

Note: Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

• Boot from the Windows DVD and then select
      Next

• Select Repair your computer and select
      Troubleshoot

• Next select Advanced Options

• Select Command Prompt

• Type - Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes (take note of spaces)

• Next type – exit

• Reboot the system

• At the boot screen select F8

• Select Safe mode with Networking
    This can then be turned off when finished.

• Start Command Prompt (Admin) by right clicking lower left corner when Start pops up.

• Type - Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no (take note of spaces)

• Type – exit.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

1. Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot - Similar Threads - Advanced Start options

2. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  3. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  4. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  6. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  7. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...
  8. Dual Boot Option Missing

Dual Boot Option Missing: It was there - options for booting into Win7 or Technical Preview. The 'time to display....' is set at 30 seconds but only Win7 is showing. Any thoughts appreciated - regards. 3716
  9. Dual boot Windows with Linux

Dual boot Windows with Linux: Is there a tutorial here (I didn't find, so maybe in another place there's a good tutorial?) on how to be able to install both Linux and Windows 10 on my laptop's hard drive? So that when I restart my laptop I will be able to choose from either Windows 10 or Linux? I did...
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcdedit boot to advanced options

2. bcdedit /set advancedoptions

3. bcdedit missing win 10