Windows 10: Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

Discus and support Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zack Morgus, May 3, 2021.

1. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am using a custom PC, I used to work on my laptop and it has all of the options on the Advanced Startup Menu.Is there a way or solution to show all the options on the Advanced Startup Menu rather than just the UEFI option? This would really help me out a lot.

:)

Zack Morgus, May 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 Advance Startup mode not showing menu (only power off menu)

Hi Dany,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Startup options. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps in enabling the Advance boot option.

• Use any administrator account to sign-in/log on to your Windows 10 computer.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button from the bottom left corner.
    • From the displayed context menu, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the opened Administrator: Command Prompt interface, type the
      BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command.
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Close the command window when done.
    • After this, left-click the Start button.
    • Click Power from the Start menu.
    • From the displayed options, click Restart.

Now follow the below steps and check if you are able to see the
    Advance boot options.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 3, 2021
  3. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 3, 2021
  4. biggieRSA Win User

Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Sorry I know this is old but I have a similar problem there is only the shut off your PC option , when I try to access advanced option, whether through windows even holding down the shift key,

biggieRSA, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

1. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option - Similar Threads - Advanced Startup Menu

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option: Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am using a custom PC. I used to work on my laptop and had all of the options on the Advanced Startup Menu.Is there a way or...
  5. Advanced Startup Settings Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Settings Menu: I am unable to see the option boot from a device or usb in the advanced startup settings from reset this pc in settings. It only shows:- 1. exit and continue to windows 10 2. trouble shoot 3. turn off your pc I am not able to see "start with a device" in it Even in the...
  6. Getting only one Advanced option in the advance startup menu and DISM Error. PLEASE READ FULL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting only one Advanced option in the advance startup menu and DISM Error. PLEASE READ FULL: I have discussed all my problems and the issues I faced so that troubleshooting could be easier. Please read it patiently as I am very sad with all these issues. I have described the current issue in the last. PLEASE HELP me in resolving them. After installation of windows10...
  7. Windows UEFI in advanced startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows UEFI in advanced startup.: I go into advanced startup, I restart, I go to troubleshoot, and to my UEFI settings. It then proceeds to say to restart to change UEFI settings, and when I do so, my screen goes black then appears to stay black. I've taken my time and waited to see if anything would happen,...
  8. Factory resetting only leads to the advanced startup menu.

Factory resetting only leads to the advanced startup menu.: So when I click on Factory reset, it restarts the PC and says "Resetting your pc", at 50% it just exits to the advanced startup menu, and I have no idea why. I have tried everything: Running various CMD repair commands Using the Tweaking.com tool Restored my computer to a...
  9. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998