Windows 10: Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

Discus and support Advanced startup menu, what password does it want? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to boot to a command prompt using the advanced startup menu. I select my account (email address) then it insists on a password. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mastiff37, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

I'm trying to boot to a command prompt using the advanced startup menu. I select my account (email address) then it insists on a password. I've tried my pin and my microsoft password and both are rejected. What does it want, or how can I get around this?

submitted by /u/Mastiff37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mastiff37, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Advance Startup mode not showing menu (only power off menu)

Hi Dany,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Startup options. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps in enabling the Advance boot option.

• Use any administrator account to sign-in/log on to your Windows 10 computer.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button from the bottom left corner.
    • From the displayed context menu, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the opened Administrator: Command Prompt interface, type the
      BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command.
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Close the command window when done.
    • After this, left-click the Start button.
    • Click Power from the Start menu.
    • From the displayed options, click Restart.

Now follow the below steps and check if you are able to see the
    Advance boot options.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

1. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want? - Similar Threads - Advanced startup menu

2. Advanced startup screen does not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup screen does not displayed: Hi When I run the advanced startup option in the recovery tab in the system settings when my pc restarts, my monitors are black and the advanced startup screen is not displayed. When this happens the power light on my monitors blinks indicating they are powered but do not...
  3. Advanced startup screen does not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup screen does not displayed: Hi When I run the advanced startup option in the recovery tab in the system settings when my pc restarts, my monitors are black and the advanced startup screen is not displayed. When this happens the power light on my monitors blinks indicating they are powered but do not...
  4. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  5. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  6. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Advanced Startup Settings Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Settings Menu: I am unable to see the option boot from a device or usb in the advanced startup settings from reset this pc in settings. It only shows:- 1. exit and continue to windows 10 2. trouble shoot 3. turn off your pc I am not able to see "start with a device" in it Even in the...
  8. PC stuck at "Advanced Startup" menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck at "Advanced Startup" menu.: Hey guys, I can't boot into the desktop, tried every option in the Advanced Startup like System Restore, System Image Recover etc. but no good. It all goes back to Advanced Startup. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Windows 10 flash disk, will that work without...
  9. Advanced startup menu is asking for a password, what does it want?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced startup menu is asking for a password, what does it want?: I'm trying to solve some problems and am using advanced startup menu to get to a command prompt. When I try this, I select my email address and then it asks for a password. What password does it want? The pin fails and my microsoft account password also fails. Is there...
  10. Numbered Menu does not appear in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbered Menu does not appear in Advanced Startup: Hello and Good Morning to you all. I am sorry to post this here, but I couldn't decide which category would fit this the most. I was trying to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and after I boot into advanced startup and go to startup settings, and press "Restart", my PC...