Windows 10: Advanced Startup Option

Discus and support Advanced Startup Option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeorgePakal, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Advanced Startup Option

Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro.

:)

GeorgePakal, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Where "advanced startup" option.

Hi Hongllin,

We got you covered. Kindly refer to the steps below:

To get to the Advanced startup option, simply type "advanced" in Cortana/search bar and select
    Change advanced startup options.

Advanced Startup Option [​IMG]

On the left pane, click Recovery and then under Advanced startup, click the
    Restart now button.

Advanced Startup Option [​IMG]

Your system will then restart and after a few seconds, you'll see options to choose from. Select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System restore.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate and let us know right away.

Dice Vil, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Where "advanced startup" option.

Hello all:

I am trying to "restore system" in w10 and choose the way of

"To Do a System Restore of Windows 10 at Boot"

The first step of this method is to "boot to advanced startup options"

But, I can not find the "advanced startup" option?!

Where is it? Please tell me!

HonglinZhao, Sep 17, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Advanced Startup Option

Actually I tried that, tried to log into Safe Mode. It didn't work until I restarted again, then it worked. Just restart the PC, see if it brings you to where you want. Basically, choose Advanced Startup, choose your option, then reboot, then reboot again. I'll try it again to see that wasn't just a fluke.

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    You must be holding the shift button at the same time as clicking on the Windows restart button to go to Advanced Startup Options automatically

ie. Shift + Restart

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Well yes,i did it also and its still the same. I searched in the net and i gives an option which using a command prompt. But before its not like that, should i reinstall?

7. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Sep 17, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Advanced Startup Option

Well, if you are saying you have tried Shift+Restart and that doesn't work then get to it via:

• Settings ► Update and security ► Recovery ► Advanced startup
    • Click on "Restart now"

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Thats the first thing i did, then the the shift + restart, and is still the same

10. XweAponX Win User
    Yah I just did it, and it brought me straight to Safe Mode when selected. It must have been a fluke the first time. It's finicky.

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  11. WhyMe Win User
    What exactly happens when you click on 'Restart now' in the recovery options within settings?

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  12. after i click restart, ofcourse it will restart but not on the advanced startup screen, its like a normal restart, normal boot
    so inorder to boot ina advanced startup option i need to use command prompt then enter this
    shutdown.exe /r /o, i want to make it normal without using command prompt.

13. WhyMe Win User

Advanced Startup Option

Are you clicking on the 'Restart' button or the 'Restart now' button in recovery options?

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
  14. yes i did, then it will restart, but it wont boot on the adv startup screen, its just lik a normal restart, i dont know why

15. WhyMe Win User
    You did what? You still haven't said. Please state which one you did. Or post a screenshot showing which button you clicked.

Did you click on the 'Restart' button or the ' Restart now' button within your recovery options? Which one did you click please?

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Advanced Startup Option

1. Advanced Startup Option - Similar Threads - Advanced Startup Option

2. Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Startup Options: I am trying to get to the Advanced startup options menu so I can reset my pc completely from there. The problem is that I can't get to that menu no matter what I try. I have tried to get to the menu through settings, holding left shift and restarting, using command prompt,...
  3. Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Startup Options: I am trying to get to the Advanced startup options menu so I can reset my pc completely from there. The problem is that I can't get to that menu no matter what I try. I have tried to get to the menu through settings, holding left shift and restarting, using command prompt,...
  4. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  5. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  6. Windows not booting into advanced startup options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting into advanced startup options: when I try to boot my system, windows is stuck in an infinite boot loop. After 3 startup errors windows should boot into advanced startup options, but it does not. -Spamming f11 doesn’t work -Resetting motherboard battery doesn’t work -After windows does its “Preparing...
  7. Can't exit advanced startup options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't exit advanced startup options: Hi, please help. Can't seem to exit advanced startup options. No continue option only advanced options and nothing works in there, except command prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-exit-advanced-startup-options/b33b1760-9c1c-40df-af7a-9ce1be7d729b
  8. Unable to access Advanced Startup Options

Unable to access Advanced Startup Options: While trying to access my BIOS, I was advised to enter Advanced Startup via Shift-Restart. However, doing so only takes me to a black screen. Cycling power allows my PC to boot into Windows normally. Any idea what could be causing this problem?...
  9. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...
  10. No "Use a Device" option in Advanced Startup.

No "Use a Device" option in Advanced Startup.: Last night I updated my computer to Windows 10. I noticed after doing so my Gaming Rig (which has been out of commission since 2014) had a 32bit operating system despite having the capacity to run a 64bit. I read online that I'd be able to create a boot disc or usb...