Windows 10: Advanced System Setting link not working

Discus and support Advanced System Setting link not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not able to open "Advanced System setting" link. While looking to debug this problem, i came across one thread with some steps mentioned by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rajan_Goyal, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Advanced System Setting link not working

I am not able to open "Advanced System setting" link. While looking to debug this problem, i came across one thread with some steps mentioned by Microsoft. I followed those 2 steps and sharing the status below:

1. Run sfc /scannow

-- It stopped at 22% with error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

2. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

-- It stopped at 44.2% with error " The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log "

-- In log file errors like below are present:

Error EnumeratePathEx: FindFirstFile failed for [C:\$WINDOWS.~Q\*]; GLE = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]"

Error EnumeratePathEx: FindFirstFile failed for [C:\$INPLACE.~TR\*]; GLE = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]

Error EnumeratePathEx: FindFirstFile failed for [C:\$Windows.~LS\*]; GLE = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]

:)

Rajan_Goyal, Aug 15, 2020

2. windows 10 pro advance system settings

Let's try to open Advanced system settings using a different method. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type sysdm.cpl on the Run dialog box and press
      Enter.
    • On the System Properties, select the Advanced tab.

Let us know how it goes.

Radney Dri, Aug 15, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Advanced System Setting link not working

Notification Panel, System Tray, and accessing System Settings using Cortana & Search

Hi Qubatul,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Advanced System Setting link not working

1. Advanced System Setting link not working - Similar Threads - Advanced System Setting

2. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  3. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  4. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  5. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  6. system advanced settings unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system advanced settings unable to open: hi recently to correct my command prompt path i entered in to environmental variables accidentally deleted some variables... and now am unable to open system advanced settings also...
  7. Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly: I set my sound main output to my desktop speakers as a default, then in advanced sound options I set my game, chrome etc.. to my headset. When I shut the game down and restart it goes to my desktop speakers totally ignoring my the setting to my headset. To fix this issue I...
  8. Advanced system sound settings

Advanced system sound settings: Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than...
  9. advanced settings

advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  10. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...