Windows 10: Advanced system sound settings

Discus and support Advanced system sound settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zhe1224, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Zhe1224 Win User

Advanced system sound settings

Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both?

I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than the Notification Sounds Messaging Programs make.

:)

Zhe1224, Oct 18, 2020

2. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 18, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Advanced system sound settings :p

cadaveca, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Advanced system sound settings

windows 10 pro advance system settings

Let's try to open Advanced system settings using a different method. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type sysdm.cpl on the Run dialog box and press
      Enter.
    • On the System Properties, select the Advanced tab.

Let us know how it goes.

Radney Dri, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Advanced system sound settings

1. Advanced system sound settings - Similar Threads - Advanced system sound

2. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  3. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  4. system advanced settings unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system advanced settings unable to open: hi recently to correct my command prompt path i entered in to environmental variables accidentally deleted some variables... and now am unable to open system advanced settings also...
  5. Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly: I set my sound main output to my desktop speakers as a default, then in advanced sound options I set my game, chrome etc.. to my headset. When I shut the game down and restart it goes to my desktop speakers totally ignoring my the setting to my headset. To fix this issue I...
  6. Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality

Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality: Whenever I startup my system, the sound quality always changes to "2 Channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz DVD Quality" on both my microphone and Speaker. The Sound quality that usually works is "2 channel, 32 bit, 48000 Hz Studio Quality". This isn't just limited to startup... this can...
  7. Windows 10 advanced sound settings.

Windows 10 advanced sound settings.: Under Advanced sound options, separate volume controls are listed for some apps. For example, I see Firefox and Thunderbird. But why not iTunes, or Chrome, or Edge, or Spotify and similar apps? I discovered this when I was diagnosing why Firefox audio would come out of my USB...
  8. Advanced System Setting link not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Advanced System Setting link not working: I am not able to open "Advanced System setting" link. While looking to debug this problem, i came across one thread with some steps mentioned by Microsoft. I followed those 2 steps and sharing the status below: 1. Run sfc /scannow -- It stopped at 22% with error...
  9. locked out of advanced sound settings ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out of advanced sound settings ??: So i got all new drivers for my audio and video and despite this I'm still locked out, HP support said its a windows issues as there drivers for Realtek fully support this function to 24 bit sample rate, i have turned off spatial sounds thinking this may be the issue, but...
  10. advanced settings

advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11