Windows 10: Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.

Discus and support Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The option circled in RED will allow me to turn it off, but then it turns itself, right back on again. [img] Is there a registry setting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ghot, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.

The option circled in RED will allow me to turn it off, but then it turns itself, right back on again.

Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled. [​IMG]

Is there a registry setting that will keep this turned OFF. Windows 10 Home

:)

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Aug 31, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled. - Similar Threads - Advanced Update setting

2. Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?: Every day I have to turn it on again. And I totally understand why you allow the update. You celebrate and go to YEA we made people by new computers when we killed there computer. YEA we made people have headaches we love that so so such! OH Big YEA people commented suicided...
  3. Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?: Every day I have to turn it on again. And I totally understand why you allow the update. You celebrate and go to YEA we made people by new computers when we killed there computer. YEA we made people have headaches we love that so so such! OH Big YEA people commented suicided...
  4. Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  6. Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled: Issue is as the subject reads, I have to repeatedly disable and reenable or vice- my touchpad in my settings if I want it to stay on or off only to last a few minutes at best, and if my gestures stop working then I just have to reset my pc. I've already tried reinstalling and...
  7. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  8. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  9. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on: When I attempt to turn on the switch in settings so I Can get Cortana to respond when I say "Hey Cortana" will not stay on - when I turn the switch on, it turns on but then turns off immediately. It won't stay turned on ?????...
  10. System Restore Won't Stay Disabled

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Won't Stay Disabled: I did a search but most of the threads were how to turn system restore on or off. I do Macrium backups frequently and absolutely do not need the system restore turned on. I turn it off and occasionally check back only to find it on again. Not sure what is activating it. I am...