Windows 10: Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10

Discus and support Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are truly in the midst of a revolution of cyber threats and, to everyone’s frustration, attackers have had the advantage for quite some time. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10

Source: Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises at Every Layer of the Windows 10 Stack | Windows For Your Business

:)

Brink, Jun 28, 2016

2. Windows Defender ATP.

Hi

Windows Powershell is included in Windows 10 Pro for consumers, and could be considered advanced in the same way as the argument for Windows Defender ATP. One can also install and use SysInternals, as a consumer, also advanced. And so on ...

What I want to point out in this comment is that there are a lot of professional consumers out there/here that want the capability to manage e.g. household consumer computers in a professional way; and want to be able to do forensics/proactive monitoring
    (as a detective security control) or just learn more about inner relationships.

Maybe those advanced/professional consumers are a computer security student, that will “grow up” and be professional AND include Windows ATP as the first thing when they are hired.

I have used Windows ATP in a pilot period, where I enrolled both my private, and on my corporate, Windows 10 PC. I liked the forensic capability and would like to see the product as "Security as a Service" to which I, in a consumer role, can subscribe
    on ....

Are the roadmap updated? Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10 :)

/Claes

Former Microsoft FTE, finally with a fresh Master grade in Information Security.

Here, in the role as a passionate commercial user at home.

Klas_Norway, Jun 28, 2016
  3. JTTC Win User
    Local Master Browser unable to see NAS devices on network

Hi

Okay I posted this on technet forum. Just wondering why this needs to be referred to the technet forum appears to enterprise user

The issue i raised is related to a consumer based product Windows 10 Pro sold to Enterprise as well as consumer. This issue exist on three Windows 10 OS as well as the insider version which are used by consumers. Unless you feel it is just Home version
    is for consumer and the Pro is not right? I like to understand your rationale in your declaration.

regards

James

Thema:

Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10

1. Advancing Security for Consumers and Enterprises in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Advancing Security Consumers

2. Security Patches for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Patches for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019: Hello, I would like to know where I can find the cumulative security updates of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 ? Is there a specific contract to obtain these patches since I do not find them on the MS Catalogue Update ? I have tried to install patches mentionned as...
  3. Security Patches for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Patches for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019: Hello, I would like to know where I can find the cumulative security updates of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 ? Is there a specific contract to obtain these patches since I do not find them on the MS Catalogue Update ? I have tried to install patches mentionned as...
  4. Advanced Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security: In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or anything on my account....
  5. Advanced Security Settings

Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  6. Window Enterprise Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window Enterprise Security: Will Droid work on Window Enterprise Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/window-enterprise-security/079f9cbe-55cc-45a9-9208-fec0d3f18b64
  7. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) - for consumers?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) - for consumers?: Just wondering if there is any way that consumers like us can enroll in this service? WDATP - Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection 58037
  8. Enterprise VS Consumer Grade Routers, Need a router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enterprise VS Consumer Grade Routers, Need a router?: So in the past I've gone through a few routers. Not quickly, all have spent a few years before crapping out. I've experienced one crap itself when we connected up 8+ computers for LAN gaming. Not sure if they're crapping out due to load but I think it might be. I do...
  9. Windows 10 for Enterprise: More secure and up to date

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 for Enterprise: More secure and up to date: On January 21, Terry Myerson announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices who upgrade in the first year after launch*. This is something we think consumers and many small...
  10. Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise: We designed Windows 10 from the very beginning to be our most secure platform ever. With features like Credential Guard, Device Guard, Windows Hello, and Enterprise Data Protection, Windows 10 offers unique defenses from attacks. Windows Defender, our free anti-malware...