Windows 10: Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Discus and support Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Passwords can be frustrating, difficult to remember, and easily hacked or stolen. That’s why our vision for Windows is one of a passwordless platform—a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform - Similar Threads - Advancing passwordless platform

2. Passwordless?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  3. Passwordless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Passwordless?: My phone is unable to recognize my fingerprint. Does "passwordless" require fingerprint recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless/0d09bb06-27cb-41cb-a700-9abf80a0dbae
  4. Passwordless?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Going Passwordless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going Passwordless: I have Microsoft Authenticator, but, how do I sign into my account if I lose my phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-passwordless/f76946d2-6473-4895-8c00-d3995d5dadd0
  6. Windows 10 System Restore and Passwordless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Restore and Passwordless: Once again Windows 10 updates have trashed my PC.All the repair / restore options command prompt, uninstall updates, system restore require me to log in with my admin account with is my Microsoft account. But my Microsoft account is passwordless.How do I perform system...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore and Passwordless

Windows 10 System Restore and Passwordless: Once again Windows 10 updates have trashed my PC.All the repair / restore options command prompt, uninstall updates, system restore require me to log in with my admin account with is my Microsoft account. But my Microsoft account is passwordless.How do I perform system...
  8. Windows 10 System Restore and Passwordless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  10. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...