Windows 10: Advent 5711 Laptop

Discus and support Advent 5711 Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought this cheap and old laptop. And at the risk of sounding stupid. What do these blue lights/symbols mean? There's an envelope, Wi-Fi symbol and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gelbs, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Gelbs Win User

Advent 5711 Laptop

I bought this cheap and old laptop. And at the risk of sounding stupid. What do these blue lights/symbols mean? There's an envelope, Wi-Fi symbol and exclamation mark.

Can't upload a photo as it won't work.

:)

Gelbs, Oct 24, 2020
  2. jagd Win User

Help needed to find audio driver on Advent laptop

http://www.adventsupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=387
    For OLDER Advent Laptops/Notebooks and most Advent PCs are made by 'Medion' a German firm. Their website supplies ALL drivers, utils etc for your laptop by the Medion (MD) model number. This you will find on the back of your laptop and will usually begin with a MD- reference (ignore the Advent model number crap).

Stick this model number, or your serial number if you're using a PC, in here: Content and it will list all the applicable drivers for your notebook.

For NEWER Advent Laptops/Notebooks a Tawainese company called ECS manufacturer the Notebooks. You will find the 'ECS' number on the back of your laptop, similar to ECS-G610 for example (thats the model number for the Advent 7091). This can then be used to search for relevent drivers/BIOS' etc here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/

look to laptop if you see ECS-xxxx try Realtek driver ,ecs uses realtek sound 99.99% of time.
    www.realtek.com.tw

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Advent 5711 Laptop

After upgrading to Windows 10 Advent Web Cam is not working

When I upgraded to Windows 10 my Advent Web Cam would not work. Any suggestions?

Original title :Advent Web Cam

BruceBraithwaite, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Advent 5711 Laptop

1. Advent 5711 Laptop - Similar Threads - Advent 5711 Laptop

2. Fix my advent windows 7 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix my advent windows 7 laptop: Hi,I’m having a problem with my advent laptop every time I turn it on it just loads up and won’t get any further I can’t even get on my computer which is a problem as it has all my photos and documents on this and I don’t have any back up of these photos if I can’t get it too...
  3. Fix my advent windows 7 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix my advent windows 7 laptop: Hi,I’m having a problem with my advent laptop every time I turn it on it just loads up and won’t get any further I can’t even get on my computer which is a problem as it has all my photos and documents on this and I don’t have any back up of these photos if I can’t get it too...
  4. Laptop To Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop To Laptop: Hi, my name is Sean, my question is my lady has an old laptop with Home Vista on it; am I able to connect my modern laptop to it and boost it so that it is modern? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-to-laptop/2e184fe8-c889-4ed8-bcf9-08ce5a3ffc94
  5. Laptop To Laptop

Laptop To Laptop: Hi, my name is Sean, my question is my lady has an old laptop with Home Vista on it; am I able to connect my modern laptop to it and boost it so that it is modern? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-to-laptop/2e184fe8-c889-4ed8-bcf9-08ce5a3ffc94
  6. Advent HD Webcam - Wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advent HD Webcam - Wont install: Hi. I just bought a webcam. It says on the box "Plug and play", but when I plug it into any USB Port, it comes up in the device manager but won't work because it says there are no drivers installed. Checking the settings, it says no drivers are needed. The error / fault code...
  7. Advent HD Webcam - Wont install

Advent HD Webcam - Wont install: Hi. I just bought a webcam. It says on the box "Plug and play", but when I plug it into any USB Port, it comes up in the device manager but won't work because it says there are no drivers installed. Checking the settings, it says no drivers are needed. The error / fault code...
  8. Advent HD Webcam - Wont install

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. A Program (Ten Years Old) Began Failing With the Advent of Windows 10 Pasting Ordinary Text...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Program (Ten Years Old) Began Failing With the Advent of Windows 10 Pasting Ordinary Text...: This product defect (I do not call them bugs anymore, they are product defects) has been troubling me for one year. I have reported it a dozen times. There seems to have been some attempt by Microsoft to fix the problem as the product defect is evident intermittently...
  10. Installing windows 10 on advent 7201 laptop and SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing windows 10 on advent 7201 laptop and SSD: Hi Imhave a rather old advent 7201 laptop, which has accepted windows 10 pro 32 bit, had to download a display adapter driver from ATI, but works fine. Then cloned to an SSD using true image, but when I fit the SSD into the laptop I get a bright gepreen screen with error...