Windows 10: advertisement

Discus and support advertisement in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by theresawellington, Apr 14, 2019.

1. advertisement

after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP????

:)

theresawellington, Apr 14, 2019

2. Solitare Collection Crashes after "Bloopy" Advertisment

Thanks for the update. To better assist you with your concern, we suggest that you turn off the apps advertisement. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Click on General.
    • Under Change privacy options, turn off the Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps toggle switch.

For further assistance, we also recommend that you post this concern on the in-game community. To proceed, you may refer to this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

advertisement

Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center

Source: Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

advertisement

1. advertisement - Similar Threads - advertisement

2. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft continues push to turn Windows into an advertising space

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft continues push to turn Windows into an advertising space: A fundamental shift happened in the development of the Windows operating system in recent years. Some say it started during the development of Windows 11, Microsoft's newest operating system. Others suggest that it started with Windows 10 already, which Microsoft released in...
  6. Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users: Microsoft has done it again. This time, the company displayed a popup advertising its Bing search service to Chrome users on Windows devices. The popup appeared for users who launched Chrome on the Windows device. It read "Chat with GPT-4 for free on Chrome! Get hundreds of...
  7. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  8. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  9. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Corsair fraud - false advertisement for monitor Xeneon 315QHD165

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corsair fraud - false advertisement for monitor Xeneon 315QHD165: I have fallen victim of false advertisement made by Corsair on their website. On 16th of January I ordered the monitor "CORSAIR XENEON 315QHD165". On Corsair's website, on the page for the monitor, it is stated that the monitor features the following color gamut coverage...