Windows 10: advertisement

Discus and support advertisement in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by theresawellington, Apr 14, 2019.

1. advertisement

after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP????

:)

theresawellington, Apr 14, 2019

2. Solitare Collection Crashes after "Bloopy" Advertisment

Thanks for the update. To better assist you with your concern, we suggest that you turn off the apps advertisement. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Click on General.
    • Under Change privacy options, turn off the Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps toggle switch.

For further assistance, we also recommend that you post this concern on the in-game community. To proceed, you may refer to this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

advertisement

Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center

Source: Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

advertisement

1. advertisement - Similar Threads - advertisement

2. Game Advertisements

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game Advertisements: While playing solitaire with my Granddaughter (8 years old) adds for Coors Beer and Gambling Slots kept popping up. Aside from being very annoying, my granddaughter kept asking me gambling and drinking questions. This is not what Microsoft should be presenting themselves...
  3. All weekend microsoft word games has a blank advertisement that keeps pulling up a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All weekend microsoft word games has a blank advertisement that keeps pulling up a...: All weekend there has been a blank white banner ad on Microsoft Word games that constantly pulls up a malware page, spoofing Microsoft.com and saying I have a virus. This is annoying to the point I am about to uninstall the game. This needs to be corrected immediately. It...
  4. Bing Ads is now Microsoft Advertising

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Ads is now Microsoft Advertising: Bing Ads name change — The evolution of Microsoft Advertising These days, marketers have more power than ever to identify and reach customers. With data, AI and automation at your fingertips, it’s no longer just reaching more people that matters to growing your brand. It’s...
  5. How to clean out this advertisement virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to clean out this advertisement virus?: Just yesterday my windows 10 was infected with this advertisement virus. Please see attached screen. How to clean it out? It's very disturbing. The Chinese text is about sex dating.... [ATTACH] jenga with dice 131639
  6. advertise msn home screen

in Browsers and Email
    advertise msn home screen: the other day my pc was update then started to get an advertisement message on msn like in picture any ideas please [img] 130935
  7. Removing Xbox advertisements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Xbox advertisements: I installed AD Blocker Plus but I keep watching annoying Xbox advertisements while a video is being played on MSN. It occurs each time I watch a short clip on MSN in Edge...
  8. Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.: This is ridiculous. Every inch of my screen is a potential dollar Microsoft can grab at a customer's expense. Why am I receiving ads for 'Player For Media,' an app I've never downloaded, on my PC while playing a game? Unacceptable, I have paid for this service and I refuse to...
  9. Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: The lock screen offers suggest/links for additional information about the picture shown on the lock screen. How do I turn these off? Also recently Windows now displays ADVERTISING about it Microsoft points, this is unwanted, how do I turn this off. it is annoying,...
  10. Turn off Advertising ID to disable Targeted Ads in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn off Advertising ID to disable Targeted Ads in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft hooks up every computer running Windows 10 with an Advertising ID. This helps them to provide them with relevant ads. These advertisements are delivered to the user in the Action Center, Start Menu, as well as the advertisements inside [...] This...