Windows 10: Advertising banners

Discus and support Advertising banners in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can you tell me why you have installed without my permission and advertising banner across the bottom of the Mahjong game screen? Please remove it, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sloggertea, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Advertising banners

Can you tell me why you have installed without my permission and advertising banner across the bottom of the Mahjong game screen? Please remove it, or tell me how I remove it. I am no long able to play the game properly as it takes up so much space. What gives you the right to do this to my screen? I do not have a problem with adverts between the games, but not constantly at the bottom of the screen, to which the adverts have no relevance to me whatsoever. I have never purchased from an advert so ts pointless exercise for you anyway. So remove it or lose it from my pc.

:)

Sloggertea, Apr 26, 2020

2. Yahoo's banner advertisments are slowing my laptop down.

Hi Max,

The s.yimg.com message that you're encountering in Yahoo is used to track scripts or images that are owned and operated by your email provider. This issue is best handled by your email service provider, and we suggest that you contact them to get full support
    on how to remove the banner advertisements.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Print Banner

Hi Terri,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is the computer is connected to any domain network?
    • Is the printer is connected locally with the system or shared printer through network?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click the printer you want to manage, and then click Printer properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Disable banner sheet - in Printing Defaults (Advanced tab in printer properties).
    • Also uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
    Please get back to us with the above information to help you further.

Darshan J, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Advertising banners

Volume bar banner

Hi,

I followed the steps suggested by DamianDavis and now the banner is disappeared.

I really appreciate your help, also considering that the issue is due to Chrome and not Microsoft.

Many thanks.

Stefano.

Pedroich94, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Advertising banners

1. Advertising banners - Similar Threads - Advertising banners

2. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft continues push to turn Windows into an advertising space

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft continues push to turn Windows into an advertising space: A fundamental shift happened in the development of the Windows operating system in recent years. Some say it started during the development of Windows 11, Microsoft's newest operating system. Others suggest that it started with Windows 10 already, which Microsoft released in...
  6. Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users: Microsoft has done it again. This time, the company displayed a popup advertising its Bing search service to Chrome users on Windows devices. The popup appeared for users who launched Chrome on the Windows device. It read "Chat with GPT-4 for free on Chrome! Get hundreds of...
  7. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  8. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  9. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

10. MS banner advertisement

MS banner advertisement: [ATTACH] **HOW DO I GET RID of the above banner , once and for all. Don't mind that if each time I log on it shows up, but when I click on to read a module, story, etc; its there again and again. Its ANNOYING, to say the least, and quite frankly, IT SUCKS!! ISNT there...