Windows 10: Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.

Discus and support Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This popped up today. An advert in action centre, and the '1' unread notification is for this popup. To say I was less than impressed would be an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Mooly Win User

Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.

This popped up today. An advert in action centre, and the '1' unread notification is for this popup.

To say I was less than impressed would be an understatement. Opening action centre and right clicking the advert did allow an option to not receive ads from this particular site but the question is how it got there in the first place.

Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge. [​IMG]

:)

Mooly, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update

Open the hamburger menu in Cortana, select Notebook, and turn of any options you do not want Cortana showing.

Cliff S, Feb 25, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update

Hi there

Can't understand the bit about Cortana -- I've never used it and it certainly doesn't even show on my system (Win 10 pro X-64 - GB edition) as I've set it to hidden.

Seems easy enough to get rid of it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.

Action Centre

Again, this did not work.

These troubleshooting steps are for those whose action centre is visible. My action centre is not visible at all.

Any help is appreciated

MAYANK MANSUKH, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.

1. Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge. - Similar Threads - Adverts Action Centre

2. Action Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre: Before i used to have the tablet mode icon in my action centre, but recently i resetted my pc because it was a bit sluggish, but now the tablet icon seems to be missing from the right panel action centre, the tablet mode is there in my pc, but the icon has disappeared from...
  3. Action centre

Action centre: I can see the action centre icon on the bottom right of desktop, with a number of messages, but it will not open. When I go to system, notifications and actions and select Edit your quick actions, I get the error message "We're updating windows shell experience host. It...
  4. action centre

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    action centre: The notification center will not stay open. Comes on momentarily and then goes off. How do I get it to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/300d282a-65a5-45c1-adad-2d13f3e56962"
  5. Action centre

Action centre: I am unable to find or open action centre. Windows 10 Home 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3b83ba86-2001-4c48-980e-50dc281c08cd
  6. Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adverts in Action Centre, courtesy of Edge.: This popped up today. An advert in action centre, and the '1' unread notification is for this popup. To say I was less than impressed would be an understatement. Opening action centre and right clicking the advert did allow an option to not receive ads from this particular...
  7. Action centre

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action centre: After update to 1809 action centre is not showing the notifications.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3214836e-d26b-407c-b25b-3ecdd232b489
  8. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....
  9. Edge hijacked by advert

in Browsers and Email
    Edge hijacked by advert: Looking through news on Sky, I had an advert for antiwrinkle cream appear and stop me shutting down Edge. I went to task manager and shut down Edge, that didn't work, so I restarted W10 and as soon as I opened the browser it was back, I then shut down Windows and on...
  10. Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update: Recently I've been having a lot of windows 10 auto updates, (presumably this 'anniversary update' thing). Today, whilst minding my own business perusing one of my regular forum pages (in firefox), I had an advert popup in my action centre which opened with the line...