Windows 10: Adverts

Discus and support Adverts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and I think that the antivirus is Windows Defender. I am not using AVG or any other antivirus. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bluenose1940, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Adverts

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and I think that the antivirus is Windows Defender. I am not using AVG or any other antivirus.

My problem at the moment is that I am bombarded by adverts constantly and it is driving me nuts! I have spotted that there are a number of free anti-advert programmes available but I am wondering if there is one that is particularly good for Windows 10 users and can be recommended.

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Jul 28, 2017
  2. IJM_2016 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw- daily challenges

Using Windows 10. This game constantly freezes whilst the adverts are loading.

I have today upgraded to advert-free for a month to confirm the adverts are the problem - the game is now running smoothly. Todays advert for University of Liverpool was particularly bad.

Is this just a ploy to make people upgrade - or is there a fault at your end?

IJM_2016, Jul 28, 2017
  3. asda advert on microsoft solitaire collection

This works for me: Click on the 'back' arrow in the top-left corner of the advert when its playing and you return to the card game options. Pick your game again - if it's still the Asda advert then repeat until a different advert appears. Let the alternative
    advert run and you should be OK.

JonTheTank, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Adverts

TairikuOkami, Jul 28, 2017
  5. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Sorry! Didn't know it's prohibited here to talk about ad blockers. I see my post was deleted, I'm fine with that!

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Jul 28, 2017
  6. Thank you for the replies folks. I didn't realise that I was encroaching the 'naughty' area, so my apologies.
    I have made use of your links TairikuOkami, many thanks for those.

Bluenose1940, Jul 28, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    No lasting harm done.

We've all stumbled on that one before. #12 Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  8. Adverts

Yep I've read the rules now thank you. Apologies once more.

Bluenose1940, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adverts

1. Adverts - Similar Threads - Adverts

2. Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next...: Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next day, today its BIBLES, this happens with every item I buy & has been for a long time now......
  3. Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next...: Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next day, today its BIBLES, this happens with every item I buy & has been for a long time now......
  4. Why does every item I buy on eBay appear on MSN as an advert for the similar items the next...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 has started showing me adverts on the login screen. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has started showing me adverts on the login screen. How to disable?: I have a paid for retail version of Windows 11, and it's showing me unwanted Microsoft advertising on the login screen. How do I disable this? This wasn't part of my purchase. I certainly haven't bought an advertising funded version.This morning, I have adverts for Xbox Game...
  6. Windows 11 has started showing me adverts on the login screen. How to disable?

Windows 11 has started showing me adverts on the login screen. How to disable?: I have a paid for retail version of Windows 11, and it's showing me unwanted Microsoft advertising on the login screen. How do I disable this? This wasn't part of my purchase. I certainly haven't bought an advertising funded version.This morning, I have adverts for Xbox Game...
  7. How to Turn off top adverts in Mail software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn off top adverts in Mail software?: How to turn off top adverts in Mail software as shown in the picture?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-top-adverts-in-mail-software/9e5bb2d2-4205-46c3-bd93-8f1e4a27e372
  8. How to Turn off top adverts in Mail software?

How to Turn off top adverts in Mail software?: How to turn off top adverts in Mail software as shown in the picture?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-top-adverts-in-mail-software/9e5bb2d2-4205-46c3-bd93-8f1e4a27e372
  9. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified. What is most...
  10. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified....