Windows 10: Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems

Discus and support Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been plagued with some MS account problems for about the past 5 years. I've practically given up hope on it because despite the many Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Afton LaMere, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems

I have been plagued with some MS account problems for about the past 5 years. I've practically given up hope on it because despite the many Microsoft Support calls and emails, none of my recent Windows 10/MS account problems have changed or improved.

Here's my problem/background information in the simplest terms I can think of by using bullet points:

- Over a decade ago I got an xbox, and my parents had to make a special Microsoft MS account for it.

- Much later around 2014 I get a laptop and make my own MS account to be used with it.

- Shortly after getting the laptop I made a Skype account with my own email the same email used with my MS account. Skype and MS accounts at the time, to my knowledge, were not quite as integrated with each other like they are today. I just happened to use the same email to set up each account separately.

- Some time later 2015, I realized I couldn't modify certain settings for my xbox account/profile, and tried to figure out how to fix this.

- Turned out I needed to fix something with the parent/child xbox/MS accounts that was made when me and my parents first set up xbox.

- Thanks to some stellar MS/Xbox IT support members, my account was fixed so that all I had to do was log into a parent account to change special settings for my main xbox account.

- Some time later 2017? I download and try to open up Skype on my xbox one and attempt to log in with my Skype account.

- This does not work and instead I am only able to create/log in with a new Skype account that is associated with my parents' MS account. I promptly delete the Skype app from the xbox and never use it again.

- Skip ahead to early 2020, where I got a new laptop and begin setting it up with my personal MS account.

- Something goes wrong with this and I am unable to create a Windows Hello PIN or any special security setups.

- To try and fully fix this, and believing that it was attributed to me doing some strange input with my parents' MS/xbox account and my personal account, I made the effort to delete my personal MS account which had the same email I used to make a Skype account, with 2 months for it to delete, and then use that email as the primary alias for parents/xbox MS account.

- This gets done and then I removed all unwanted email aliases attached to the parents'-but-now-my-new MS account.

- Once that was done, I realized that my mom's email still had a MS account attached to it. So I went ahead and deleted it and got a confirmation of that after the 2 month wait.

- None of the account email transfers fix anything, and after much time spent on reinstalling Windows 10 and other methods.

- I am still unable to create Windows Hello security settings when logged into my MS account

- Certain MS apps like the store show a duplicate of my MS account when trying to log in to them

- AND my old Skype account that is using my MS account email does not show up when I click on the "Skype" option of my MS account home. Instead the account I first saw on my xbox years before appears. However, I am still able to log into and use my old Skype account and everything works on it perfectly fine.

TLAdvice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems :DR - I have a few problems with my MS account, one of which is I essentially have two Skype accounts linked to the exact same MS account email. I want to completely get rid of the Skype account that was automatically created for the MS account used for my xbox, and replace it with a different Skype account I have had for the past several years that was never full associated with MS accounts until recently. I also can't use any Windows Hello security info when signed into my account, and I have duplicate MS accounts showing up in Windows Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts.

:)

Afton LaMere, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Feb 23, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems

1. Advice/Help with Multiple Microsoft Account Problems - Similar Threads - Advice Help Multiple

2. advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output: first thing to do uninstall realtek high definition audio device driver : press Win + X select device manager open the "audio controllers, video, games" tabthen right click on the realtek high definition audio device and press uninstall device, restart the pc and your problem...
  3. advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output: first thing to do uninstall realtek high definition audio device driver : press Win + X select device manager open the "audio controllers, video, games" tabthen right click on the realtek high definition audio device and press uninstall device, restart the pc and your problem...
  4. microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!: I was able to recover my account supposedly, I answered all of the questions and reset my password but when I go to try and change my email and phone for verifcation it isnt letting me.... the email and phone on file are NOT correct anymore, I have neither email or phone any...
  5. Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!: (I want to preface by saying I'm relatively new to Reddit and I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. Apologies if I'm not.) I am a teacher who just received a new laptop (running Windows 10) to facilitate online learning, but having taught from my personal...
  6. multiple Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multiple Microsoft accounts: have 2 laptops with the same windows 10 account. If I delete the account on one of my laptops, will it also get deleted on the other laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-microsoft-accounts/f94ffcba-f096-4ef6-9a69-5113824888c2
  7. Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed): Hi, W10 Pro, Version 1909 Build 18363.476 I will try to keep this brief but be patient please. I have 3 devices sharing my windows profile, pc, mobile and xbox one. All was great until my office 365 and outlook stopped syncing. I did my best to resolve it and ultimately got...
  8. multiple microsoft accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple microsoft accounts: my user account is associated with my primary microsoft account. And until now, onedrive has been syncing to that account.Now I made a second microsoft account, and I would like it to sync to Onedrive, while at the same time, my user account is still associated with the...
  9. Help and advice required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help and advice required: Hi all I'm after a little advice from someone with a little more experience with networking. My lad has figured out that if he changes his MAC address he can bypass parental controls. So, i figured set it up only to allow x MAC addresses. However i was limited to 16...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170