Windows 10: Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

Discus and support Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jlcame, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jlcame Win User

Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

Hi!
    I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them.
    I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i remove one in order to install a newer one, like the Nvidia driver, as soon i reboot, windows will sneakily install an severely outdated driver without warning. This is very problematic for me. Not only that, he will install drivers that will result in broken programs functioning on my pc. I'm no computer noob, i can do this stuff on my own.
    This is highly annoying for me since i sometimes forget to disconnect from the internet while doing these procedures so windows 10 won't flunk my work without asking for it, not to mention the problems it can result of repeatedly installing and uninstalling drivers.

Now I've done the normal procedure of denying windows 10 the authorization on the System tab on control panel (see img). But windows completely ignores my command and does it anyway, making me to release jets of steam out of my ears. Even having a Pro licence, windows assumes i'm not worthy of maintaining my own machine.

If someone could help me to regain control of my machine, it would make my day.
    Thank you very much!

Edit: Another question. When i installed the newest Nvidia drivers, I've noticed that Vulkan Library did not install. Is it supposed to not install anymore, or something went wrong?

Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers [​IMG]

:)

jlcame, Sep 21, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 21, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers - Similar Threads - Advice stop W10

2. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  3. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  4. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  5. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  7. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  8. Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  9. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520: Have done a few Windows 10upgrades and clean installs, but not sure about this one...has P4 CPU, can't find out if will support Windows 10 or not. Dell tag 5W9DY1J thanks 51499
  10. How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver

How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver: Hello community. How can I stop the automatic driver installation for the BayHubTech flash memory reader. It is very annoying what happens, because this controller always gives me problems with windows (BSOD). I do not need that stupid controller, I never use flash memory....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install drivers automatically on w10