Windows 10: Advice needed, No display

Discus and support Advice needed, No display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey So I just built a new pc and I’m not getting any display on my monitor. It’s not my first time building I have built 1/2 before. All fans light up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ssynxc, Jan 13, 2021.

1. /u/Ssynxc Win User

Advice needed, No display

Hey So I just built a new pc and I’m not getting any display on my monitor. It’s not my first time building I have built 1/2 before. All fans light up, Cpu fan works, GPU fans work and light up and the Few leds on the motherboard light up. Everything working as normal except for no display. HDMI is in the graphics card Cpu power is in,GPU power is in, RAM is in correct place, and the few cables such as the (Power switch,HDD Led cables ect) are in their correct place. The only thing I can think of is I shorted out the motherboard. I tried powering on the pc without motherboard standoffs and that prevented it from Turing on but when I installed them everything working fine. But then again,the motherboard still lights up and I performed a successful bios update with the flashback feature built in to the motherboard. I tried turning it on a few times and on my 3/4 attempt I got a some sort of signal for about a second. It was like a mouse cursor for about 1 second and that was it. That’s the only display I have gotten at all. There is a red debug light on “CPU” but the cpu is brand new with no bent pins so it should be working fine.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated Thanks

submitted by /u/Ssynxc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ssynxc, Jan 13, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Advice needed, No display

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Advice needed, No display

1. Advice needed, No display - Similar Threads - Advice needed display

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  5. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  6. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  7. Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!: (I want to preface by saying I'm relatively new to Reddit and I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. Apologies if I'm not.) I am a teacher who just received a new laptop (running Windows 10) to facilitate online learning, but having taught from my personal...
  8. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  9. Need recovery advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need recovery advice: Back in May of this year, I posted about a problem I was having at that time. Here's the original post: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? I got some suggestions but was busy with other things so I simply didn't touch the laptop again for a while. Yesterday, I...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170