Windows 10: Advice Needed on Display Settings

Discus and support Advice Needed on Display Settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by warc1, Jun 15, 2021.

1. warc1 Win User

Advice Needed on Display Settings

I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor mainly to work with higher res photos and 4k video editing. My question is whether the scaling applies to the images displayed in editing apps or just the interface. I use Lightroom and Photoshop for stills and Vegas Pro for videos. Can they display the image windows in 4k when the scale factor is 200%. I'm guessing that they can't, but I don't know.

:)

warc1, Jun 15, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Advice Needed on Display Settings - Similar Threads - Advice Needed Display

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  4. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  5. Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple displays/workflow advice needed!: (I want to preface by saying I'm relatively new to Reddit and I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. Apologies if I'm not.) I am a teacher who just received a new laptop (running Windows 10) to facilitate online learning, but having taught from my personal...
  6. Advice needed, No display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice needed, No display: Hey So I just built a new pc and I’m not getting any display on my monitor. It’s not my first time building I have built 1/2 before. All fans light up, Cpu fan works, GPU fans work and light up and the Few leds on the motherboard light up. Everything working as normal except...
  7. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  8. Changed registry settings, need advice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed registry settings, need advice: Split from this thread. Hi Davem121, I know this may not be the place to ask a question I am new here. I changed some registry settings and was wondering if I could leave the "Start" at 4 or return it to the default value. I have also mistakenly changed the "Default"...
  9. Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....: In the Local Security Policy on Windows 10 Pro Anniversary version 1607 there are 2 settings that I was wondering if I could adjust so there no way someone could access my computer remotely. It's under Security Settings then Local Policies, and then Security Options. The...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170