Windows 10: Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

Discus and support Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by scott784, May 19, 2019.

1. scott784 Win User

Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But it's still a very capable PC for everyday needs and is running Windows 10 smoothly.

At this time, I'd like to buy a new monitor. Preferably, one that I can use on this machine but also one that I can use whenever I happen to replace this PC. I am thinking maybe a 24 or 27 inch monitor. But given the age of this PC (to include the mobo), are there any limiting factors (specifications) that I must consider before purchasing and hooking up a new monitor to this PC?

Thanks for any suggestions here.

:)

scott784, May 19, 2019
  2. Faith Win User

Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor

Hi. Is this where I can ask about PC monitors? I'm going to buy a new screen soon, but I have no idea where to end my journey. I was hoping that I can get any advice from this forum, if it's ok?

Faith, May 19, 2019
  3. Help me buy a 3D monitor!

I checked on their supported 3D profiles list and every game that I play is supported which is great news ^^ Even some of my older games are supported which is a plus!

I certainly will buy online, I'll get it from Dabs.ie and they do allow for refunds so at least I can test it out and see if I like it or not.

I will come back to this thread once I test out the monitor to let you and others know if this 3D method is good or bad!
    Cheers for everyone's suggestions and feedback!

Irish_PXzyan, May 19, 2019
  4. starshine Win User

Buying a new monitor

Hey! I finally bought my new PC! (Thanks for all the help earlier!)
    I need a new monitor now, because the old one turned green for some unknown reason lol

I am looking for a 17" or 19", i don't want anything bigger.
    I live in Canada, and there is only one store around where i live that sells monitors, could someone help me pick the best one from these two list please:
    (When i say best one, i mean best price/quality ratio)

17" monitors:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=22333&mfr=&logon=&langid=EN&list=&page=0&sort=3
    19" monitors:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=22334&mfr=&logon=&langid=EN&list=&page=0&sort=3

Thanks again to all those who helped earlier to buy the PC, i just love it *Smile Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC :)

starshine, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC - Similar Threads - Advice buying Monitor

2. Buying a new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buying a new monitor: Hello guys so i have a quick question here.Im planning on buying a new monitor since the one i have is kinda old6 years.So my question is do i need to uninstall the old monitor driver in device manager once the new monitor is connected since i wont be using the old one...
  3. Buying a new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying a new monitor: Hello guys so i have a quick question here.Im planning on buying a new monitor since the one i have is kinda old6 years.So my question is do i need to uninstall the old monitor driver in device manager once the new monitor is connected since i wont be using the old one...
  4. Buying a new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  6. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  7. Laptop buying advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buying advice: I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one...
  8. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...
  9. Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor: Hi. Is this where I can ask about PC monitors? I'm going to buy a new screen soon, but I have no idea where to end my journey. I was hoping that I can get any advice from this forum, if it's ok? 96513
  10. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...