Windows 10: Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

Discus and support Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have done a few Windows 10upgrades and clean installs, but not sure about this one...has P4 CPU, can't find out if will support Windows 10 or not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, May 25, 2016.

1. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

Have done a few Windows 10upgrades and clean installs, but not sure about this one...has P4 CPU, can't find out if will support Windows 10 or not.

Dell tag 5W9DY1J

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, May 25, 2016
  2. Aitch Win User

clean install W10 on SSD designated drive B

Thanks Andre. I'd come across your article on how to do an upgrade to W10 which I didn't want to do as I wanted to maintain my W7 system/drive and data. But never saw your W10 clean install article. I'm done now but will give your article a thorough read.

Now I want to set up a dual boot for either W7 or W10 but each SSD drive is now designated "C".

Aitch, May 25, 2016
  3. Aitch Win User
    clean install W10 on SSD designated drive B

I am trying to do a clean install of W10 on a new SSD designated drive B. I am currently running W7 designated drive C. The install wants to install to drive C. When it offers to select a different drive I get the below screen. It doesn't select B
    however. It does nothing. I do not want to upgrade W7 but rather do a clean install of W10. Please advise.
    Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520 [​IMG]

Aitch, May 25, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

You could probably do it but if it's the same one i'm looking at it only has 1 GB of RAM and either a 40 GB or 80 GB Hard Drive, you would probably want to increase both of those so it doesn't run like molasses going uphill during a snowstorm in january *Tongue

Carsomyr, May 26, 2016
  5. Thanks, as far as I can make out it has 4GB ram and a 200GB HDD...it's the CPU I was concerned about, something that Windows 8 and 10 needs but 7 doesnt

thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 26, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    Well it sounds like yours is different from what I am seeing online, especially sine the stock board in the gx520 is only supposed to take a max of 2 GB of RAM *Huh If you get me the actual model of P4 I could tell you what you wanna know for sure *Biggrin

Carsomyr, May 26, 2016
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    If you use something like speccy it will tell you everything I need to know *Biggrin

Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520 [​IMG]

Carsomyr, May 26, 2016
  8. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

thanks, this is for a friend, don't have PC with me....can this info be saved as a text file or similar....won't know how to do a screen snapshot..

9. Carsomyr Win User
    Well you can just hit Alt+PrintScrn and then upload it to a site like imgur or if you use speccy under the file dropdown menu there is a save to text file option *Biggrin

Carsomyr, May 26, 2016
  10. thanks....

11. I tried 64 Windows 7 but Windows 10 said CPU not suitable, but then installed 32 bit version and everything passed and Windows 10 installed ok.......

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

1. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520 - Similar Threads - Advice clean install

2. W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps: Hello All, At long long last I have the time to switch my desktop from W7 to W10. Am posting a list of what I think are the detailed actions I will have to take for a clean W10 install. Would be great if everyone can have a quick look at my list and post if I have missed...
  3. Advice Please on Clean Install of W10

Advice Please on Clean Install of W10: Hello All, my first forum post. The time is fast approaching when I will upgrade from W7 to W10. My W7 Pro is a legitimate copy. I want to do a clean instal rather than the 'upgrade. Currently I have 3 SSDs - SSD1 is W7 OS only, the remaining 2 SSDs contain various personal...
  4. W10 OS Clean Install on SSD

W10 OS Clean Install on SSD: I'm currently wanting to install a 120GB SSD into my PC. 1) What I want to know is, will the OS on the HDD conflict with the one on the SSD after I do a clean install on it, and make it the boot disc? All I want to use it for is the OS and the games I'm playing the...
  5. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  6. Advice for a Windows 10 clean install

Advice for a Windows 10 clean install: Hello Everyone, I would like to do a clean install on my HP dv6 laptop with a primary 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD with a secondary 1 TB Toshiba HDD 5400rpm (installed in the DVD bay) and was hoping to get some advice on best way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 while...
  7. Clean install W10 on Surface Pro

Clean install W10 on Surface Pro: While clean installing W10 on Surface Pro, the following message was returned. Pressed Windows key but nothing happened. The bootable USB install drive was created by Media Creation Tool from MS. I also tried Recovery USB drive created from the Surface Pro machine but the...
  8. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  9. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...
  10. Clean install advice please

Clean install advice please: I upgraded my laptops a few weeks ago and, today, I've upgraded my Desktop PC. Before I start adding the programs I need, I'm wondering about doing a clean install rather than waiting for weeks and starting all over again. My main concern is that when I installed Windows...