Windows 10: Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive

Discus and support Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jlcame, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jlcame Win User

Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive

Hi!
    I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them.
    I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i remove one in order to install a newer one, like the Nvidia driver, as soon i reboot, windows will sneakily install an severely outdated driver without warning. This is very problematic for me. Not only that, he will install drivers that will result in broken programs functioning on my pc. I'm no computer noob, i can do this stuff on my own.
    This is highly annoying for me since i sometimes forget to disconnect from the internet while doing these procedures so windows 10 won't flunk my work without asking for it, not to mention the problems it can result of repeatedly installing and uninstalling drivers.

Now I've done the normal procedure of denying windows 10 the authorization on the System tab on control panel (see img). But windows completely ignores my command and does it anyway, making me to release jets of steam out of my ears. Even having a Pro licence, windows assumes i'm not worthy of maintaining my own machine.

If someone could help me to regain control of my machine, it would make my day.
    Thank you very much!

Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive [​IMG]

:)

jlcame, Sep 21, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 21, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 21, 2018
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Advice on how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drive - Similar Threads - Advice stop W10

2. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  3. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  4. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Advice Please on Clean Install of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice Please on Clean Install of W10: Hello All, my first forum post. The time is fast approaching when I will upgrade from W7 to W10. My W7 Pro is a legitimate copy. I want to do a clean instal rather than the 'upgrade. Currently I have 3 SSDs - SSD1 is W7 OS only, the remaining 2 SSDs contain various personal...
  6. Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?: Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers? I have done all the 3 steps here: https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/ to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia...
  7. Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?: Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers? I have done all the 3 steps here: https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/ to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia...
  8. Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  9. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  10. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520: Have done a few Windows 10upgrades and clean installs, but not sure about this one...has P4 CPU, can't find out if will support Windows 10 or not. Dell tag 5W9DY1J thanks 51499