Windows 10: Advice on network problems with Windows 10

Discus and support Advice on network problems with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I like Microsoft products and have been using them for over 20 years so a keen supporter of the company. They get a bit thumbs up from me. But since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HJM007, Apr 21, 2021.

1. HJM007 Win User

Advice on network problems with Windows 10

I like Microsoft products and have been using them for over 20 years so a keen supporter of the company. They get a bit thumbs up from me.

But since the loss of HomeGroup networking I've had to make some radical changes as personally I find the current Windows 10 networking facility a bit fickle/unstable or perhaps flawed?

When networking conflicts happen as they frequently do, I no longer spend hours or even days looking for a fix on the internet or trying to get MS to understand the issue most articles are about WIFI and few about ethernet connections.

Instead I completely reinstall Windows 10 in a couple of hours. So I now no longer store anything on my PC that is not backed up on an ex HDD or the cloud to make the re installation as quick as possible.

Certainly quicker than trying frustrating fixes or the network troubleshooter which never seems to find the issues or problem.

Yet, I would still always support MS over any other OS.

:)

HJM007, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Advice on network problems with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Advice network problems

2. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  3. Windows 10 Networking problem?

Windows 10 Networking problem?: Hi, can someone out there please help me?????? My Epson printer recently broke down, I have purchased a new Epson printer, however, since I unplugged my old printer I cannot get to the Internet? I only have the main power lead plugged into my laptop - all was fine until I...
  4. Need Advice on Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Advice on Keyboard Problem: Was given a laptop to fix. It's an HP Notebook running Home 1903, build 18362.900 with 8GB of RAM. She cannot log in to Windows. It always tells her that the password is incorrect. When I connected a USB keyboard I successfully booted into Windows. Typing her password into...
  5. problem to solve...need advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem to solve...need advice: Request Id: 7570625d-5bc1-4af6-8d92-4b0371371d00 Correlation Id: ab2500f3-5d08-4ba7-8e46-3084b361233a Timestamp: 2020-06-20T04:25:31Z Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor....
  6. Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed): Hi, W10 Pro, Version 1909 Build 18363.476 I will try to keep this brief but be patient please. I have 3 devices sharing my windows profile, pc, mobile and xbox one. All was great until my office 365 and outlook stopped syncing. I did my best to resolve it and ultimately got...
  7. Network problems with Windows 10

Network problems with Windows 10: Why can't I access to the files of another pc in my network? I turned down the firewall for private networks and I share the folder I would like to be accessible on the network. When I try to access it from the other pc it says :you don't have permission, ask the network...
  8. windows 10 network problem

windows 10 network problem: So when I sit in a room in my house I always sit in my laptop keeps shutting off. When I plug the charger in, it stops and then I realise I'm connected to my NEIGHBOURS NETWORK!! I have connected to her network before because I was at her house, but it keeps happening! It's...
  9. Network problems with Windows 10

Network problems with Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10 on my Desktop and Laptop I have found that both are still online, but I can't get any communication to either machine. I see in the settings both machines but they are dimmed. I also have a SMART TV and this is the same I can see it dimmed on both...
  10. Network advice needed

Network advice needed: He is what I have, three computer's on home network,they are hardwired to a Linksys Router. I can share files between them without problems. Have no cable where I live,use a Verizon Hotspot from my phone for internet. I use a Netgear WNDA3100 adapter for a connection. I can...