Windows 10: Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11

Discus and support Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,hopefully I can can get an answer to this query. I am going to be changing over to a newer Pc that has windows 11 pre installed My existing pc is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Reid2, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11

Hi,hopefully I can can get an answer to this query. I am going to be changing over to a newer Pc that has windows 11 pre installed My existing pc is not compatible with windows 11 and running 10. I'm proposing to migrate my C drive SSD in the old machine to the new one my question is, in doing do so will the pre installed windows 11 be overwritten by windows 10 or can I specify which programmes to move, not done this before. If it does overwrite can I just do a windows update and upgrade that way. Just being cautious, thanks for any suggestionsJR

:)

John Reid2, Aug 27, 2022
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 27, 2022
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 27, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2022
Thema:

Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11

1. Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11 - Similar Threads - Advice upgrading has

2. Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice on upgrading Pc which has windows 10 to new pc which has windows 11: Hi,hopefully I can can get an answer to this query. I am going to be changing over to a newer Pc that has windows 11 pre installed My existing pc is not compatible with windows 11 and running 10. I'm proposing to migrate my C drive SSD in the old machine to the new one my...
  3. Which Desktop PC has the highest amount of RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Desktop PC has the highest amount of RAM?: I'm shopping for a new Desktop PC to replace my 2018 HP 12 GB RAM and want to get whichever one has the highest amount of RAM. But since I'm not a pro, I'd like input from you, the experts. I'm looking for one that's Windows 11 ready, has a disc drive. Monitor and keyboard...
  4. Which Desktop PC has the highest amount of RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Desktop PC has the highest amount of RAM?: I'm shopping for a new Desktop PC to replace my 2018 HP 12 GB RAM and want to get whichever one has the highest amount of RAM. But since I'm not a pro, I'd like input from you, the experts. I'm looking for one that's Windows 11 ready, has a disc drive. Monitor and keyboard...
  5. laptop which has genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop which has genuine windows: I had send my laptop to a repairer because my file got corrupt and after the repairing is done the laptop was not reset my I think my windows were gone i have all the necessary documents like product key and email password. what should I do so that I can get back to my work...
  6. Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?: Hi, Does anyone know of a good TRUSTED source in downloading Windows 10 ISO as a WIM file instead of an ESD file? The reason why I am asking, because I know I can convert from an ESD file to WIN using tools available, but it takes time to do so. I want to add install...
  7. trying to download new windows 10 to my PC which has windows 7 but error code...

trying to download new windows 10 to my PC which has windows 7 but error code...: trying to download new windows 10 to my PC which has windows 7 but error code 0X800707E7-0x3000D installation failed in first boot with an error Migrate_Data operation, can you help...
  8. PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GameKnave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1pvdp/pc_didnt_recognize_ssd_which_has_windows_on_it_so/
  9. My pc has viruses which restart the pc again and againhttp

My pc has viruses which restart the pc again and againhttp: Hi, I am Sunny i use an acer laptop with windows 10 and Intel I3 7th gen. My laptop suddenly had a virus which restartes it automatically every 5 mins. I need someone to help me out. You can also contact me through call or email. Quality Forge....
  10. Which window has the keyboard focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which window has the keyboard focus?: Historically, Windows has changed the color of the title bar to indicate which window has the focus. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now I can't tell what window has the focus... yes, if I look really hard, I can see the 1 pixel of accent color around the...