Windows 10: Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups

Discus and support Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have just installed an update to my AOEMI BACKUPPER program. Before I update my Backups I would appreciate some advice. I see my current Backup, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by clayto, May 4, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups

I have just installed an update to my AOEMI BACKUPPER program. Before I update my Backups I would appreciate some advice. I see my current Backup, at over 20 GB takes up quite a lot of space on my C Drive. Is there any reason why I should not delete it and just keep the (updated) Backups on my USB Flash Drive and my Bipra USB External Hard Drive? In fact, is a Backup on my C (internal) Drive likely to be of little use anyway? Further, I notice that some of my Backups are listed as Disk Backup and some as System Backup. How do they differ and which is to be preferred.

:)

clayto, May 4, 2021
  2. clayto Win User

I have just installed an update to my AOEMI BACKUPPER program. Before I update my Backups I would appreciate some advice. I see my current Backup, at over 20 GB takes up quite a lot of space on my C Drive. Is there any reason why I should not delete it and just keep the (updated) Backups on my USB Flash Drive and my Bipra USB External Hard Drive? In fact, is a Backup on my C (internal) Drive likely to be of little use anyway? Further, I notice that some of my Backups are listed as Disk Backup and some as System Backup. How do they differ and which is to be preferred.

clayto, May 4, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User

Point of a backup is to recover from worst case e.g. a drive failure. You should never store backups on same physical drive containing the data. Most say an external hard drive is best but a separate internal drive is ok but of course, there is risk of say fire or electric fault destroying both drives (or theft of pc). Most paranoid also store the external hard drive in a physical separate location. Nowadays with cloud and fast broadband, this is perhaps less of an issue. I store all critical data on cloud, and do regular weekly full backups to internal hard drive. I also do occasional bi-monthly full backups to cloud (pragmatically accepting I may have to reinstall a couple of apps, and go through updates in worst case.

Crucial point is critical data is always backed up.

cereberus, May 4, 2021
  4. Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups

Hello @clayto,

I use AOMEI Backupper Standard. The compression works out at about 38-40% of the OS image.

You should NEVER keep ANY images or back-ups on the SAME disk as your OS, because if you have a Disk Failure, EVERYTHING will be LOST!

I would Keep the pre-updated images personally. It is better to have them and NOT need them, than to need them and NOT have them.

It is also a good idea to have your Data Backups in more than ONE place and on DIFFERENT Disks.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups - Similar Threads - Advice where save

2. Windows 11 says it is saving backups on my hard drive. Where?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 says it is saving backups on my hard drive. Where?: I am looking for the folder where Windows 11 stores temporary backups on the HD when the external drive is not available. I want to make sure these files disappear after the backup drive has been attached and the proper backup to the external drive has been performed....
  3. where to saved iPhone iTunes backup... Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    where to saved iPhone iTunes backup... Please help: Please help needed,.. is there a way to change the path of iTunes where your iPhone backup can be directed to a direct storage disk?... i.e from default local drive C: to a different Storage Drive with a free space. thanks! submitted by /u/georgio1990 [link] [comments]...
  4. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  5. Backup strategy advice

Backup strategy advice: Hi there, I would like to ask some of you for advice on how to make better backups for my Windows 10 PC. Right now I have the file history tool set up for important things like documents and such. However, there's also some stuff that I don't need to be saved in multiple...
  6. Backup Advice.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Advice.: Hi, I need some backup advice. I have a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra 2x4TB (RAID 1) storage and was wondering if I would need any other sort of backup device so I don't lose my valuable data? Maybe another NAS or an extra SSD 4TB? 141789
  7. Backup Advice, I'm Confused

Backup Advice, I'm Confused: Windows includes a number of backup tools. Onedrive and to an external hard drive. I've notice some go to OneDriveand others to my external hard drive. Should I use both types of back ups or just one? With earlier PC's everything was backed up to my external hard drive. If I...
  8. Backup advice for a laptop and desktop

Backup advice for a laptop and desktop: I am looking for an affordable backup system for two Windows computers. I have a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop with Windows 7. I'd like to find a non-cloud external drive and the software to make it happen. What I'm thinking is a 2 or 4 TB drive that I could divide...
  9. Documents Backup advice

Documents Backup advice: Can anyone suggest a simple to use free programme to backup my documents folder to an external drive. Just a simple copy all documents and then any changes to the backed up folder, every hour. There seems so many to choose from and to be honest I am no computer expert and...
  10. backup tutorial/advice needed

backup tutorial/advice needed: i need to backup my complete pc as i am going to install the windows 10 preview. the trouble is that i havent got a usb hard drive. so how do i do this and what software do i use to do this? 2354