Windows 10: Advice regarding wireless keyboard.

Discus and support Advice regarding wireless keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am new to wireless peripherals. I've been told to turn the mouse and keyboard off when not in use (to extend battery life). The mouse has an on/off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grandpa Jim, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Advice regarding wireless keyboard.

I am new to wireless peripherals. I've been told to turn the mouse and keyboard off when not in use (to extend battery life). The mouse has an on/off switch, but the keyboard does not.
    The HP User Guide says that the Caps Lock key turns the keyboard on and off. There is a very small, barely visible, "dot" in the top corner of that key. I don't know whether to hold the shift or the f-n key, but I am reluctant to do either, since it seems to me that the keyboard would have to be ON in order to turn it on. I'm thinking of it as analogous with the TV remote. If it's not "on," it cannot pick up a signal from the TV.
    First, is it really advisable to turn the keyboard and mouse off when the computer is off--and, second, how could the Caps Lock key function as an on/off switch?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Dec 3, 2019

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Recon-UK Win User
    Cleaning a keyboard and keyboard advice?

Thanks guys for cleaning advice.

Any keyboard suggestions? i will clean this out then and put in storage as a spare.

Recon-UK, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Advice regarding wireless keyboard.

wireless keyboard not working

Hi Manpal,

To isolate the issue with the wireless keyboard and the screen, please provide us with the following information:

• What error message do you see when you try to connect and use your wireless Dell keyboard?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for your keyboard? You can get it from Dell's
      website or customer support team.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far for both the keyboard and screen issues?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Advice regarding wireless keyboard.

1. Advice regarding wireless keyboard. - Similar Threads - Advice regarding wireless

2. Any advice for my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any advice for my keyboard?: When I play games for example Friday Night funkin my after a few taps on the arrow keys my keyboard freezes and I don't want to waste any money. So is there any advise so I fix my keyboard...
  3. wireless mouse advice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse advice: Robot Check I keep hitting the dongle for my mouse and I am looking at this one. I believe it will work on my Dell laptop. Looking for confirmation of that. Thanks very much. Win version 1909B18363.1016 164523
  4. Wireless Keyboard

Wireless Keyboard: I have a Logitech wireless Keyboard/mouse combo. Mouse works fine, but keyboard randomly quits and then starts back up. I changed out batteries. I updated drivers. I even went out and bought a brand new keyboard. Right out of the box, it has the same issue. it is really...
  5. Need Advice on Keyboard Problem

Need Advice on Keyboard Problem: Was given a laptop to fix. It's an HP Notebook running Home 1903, build 18362.900 with 8GB of RAM. She cannot log in to Windows. It always tells her that the password is incorrect. When I connected a USB keyboard I successfully booted into Windows. Typing her password into...
  6. Issue regarding wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue regarding wireless adapter: I recently tried to update my wireless adapter, it said windows recognised adapter but unable to install due to timeout period expired. My laptop is lenovo 2in 1 14.Name of the adapter is 'Qualcomm Atheros Q3A9377'. I have posted the image of error message Please help i...
  7. Regarding wireless keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding wireless keyboards and mice: For 25 years I've turned on monitor, speakers, and computer every day. Now I'm considering an all-in-one desktop. Just one AC plug, just one button! But I find that most of them now use "wireless" keyboards and mice. My questions: Do these have to be turned on and off every...
  8. Wifi and Modem Advice Regarding New and Old Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Modem Advice Regarding New and Old Computers: We have a new Windows 10 desktop which has been put on wifi for us. We were not happy with the layout of Windows Mail and put in Outlook on this computer and it has IMAP settings. We also have two our old Windows 7 computers - one is a desktop and the other is a laptop. They...
  9. wireless keyboard

wireless keyboard: how to connect to a wireless keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard/bc9f4b4b-5333-49d6-bd08-c69c90ba240e
  10. regarding keyboard issues

regarding keyboard issues: I have a problem with my keyboard ,some letters like a s d f q w e r like these letters are not working please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/regarding-keyboard-issues/b4071c3a-6641-43ca-95f6-114923d03089