Windows 10: Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Discus and support Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks, though it looks like MS support suggest if you can't get into the system recovery tools, then go ahead and download a recovery image - that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fisherman, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Thanks, I think I heard something about the Falkland Islands in the '80s - it sounds like a nice place now. Internet that sux is but a small price.

I came across the download for Surface reset last year (?) and completely forgot about it - thanks for the memory kick. I recall thinking - that should be available to PC too - but alas, no.

Please post the results of the recovery - I'm always interested in learning about things I don't have to test for myself. All I have to do is remember the stuff I learn *Wink

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2015
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

Thema:

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

1. Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked - Similar Threads - Advice required Post

2. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  3. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  4. Windows Upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade advice: Hello to all windows community members,This is Kushal from Republic of India, and willing to upgrade to latest windows version 20H2 or 21H1 and if possible to Windows 11I have dell latitude e7440 which is having following specifications.Processor :- Intel core i7 4600U 4th...
  5. PCIe SATA advice required please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIe SATA advice required please: I've hit the limit of 6TB drives with my motherboard although no mention of it in the manual and zero response from the manufacturer. So I need a PCIe card which will enable a couple of SATA 8TB drives - no RAID. Have tried one today and apparently that had a 4TB limit...
  6. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade: On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I would continue to receive security updates after November 2019. It appeared in the same place as the usual Micosoft link which...
  7. Update advice on 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update advice on 2 computers.: I have 2 computers that I need advice for... my daughters computer I upgraded to Win 7 a few years ago. My old laptop was upgraded to Win 8 on a new SSD a few years ago also. The laptop died (i guess... no post or anything). Now I have an SSD with the Win 8 upgrade, and my...
  8. Hardware upgrade advice required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware upgrade advice required: My PC has ECS - H61H2-M2 motherboard. It has 8GB DDR3 RAM. The processor is i3-2100 @3.10 GHz. The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 of 2GB capacity. The power supply is 450W. The motherboard, processor, one stick of 4GB DD3 RAM, power supply were bought in 2011 or 2012....
  9. Help and advice required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help and advice required: Hi all I'm after a little advice from someone with a little more experience with networking. My lad has figured out that if he changes his MAC address he can bypass parental controls. So, i figured set it up only to allow x MAC addresses. However i was limited to 16...
  10. Upgrade Advice

Upgrade Advice: I am thinking of upgrading my system and would like any advice regarding if I would see a performance enhancement. I play most of the latest games (constant gamer) and some video/photo editing. I am only upgrading motherboard, memory and CPU. Already have a video card and...