Windows 10: Advice setting up NAS

Discus and support Advice setting up NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any advice would be appreciated as I really haven't got a clue how to set up what I want and the more I research the more confusing it seems to get.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maximusheadroom, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Advice setting up NAS

Any advice would be appreciated as I really haven't got a clue how to set up what I want and the more I research the more confusing it seems to get.

The sd card on my phone got corrupted not long ago, luckily I managed to get all my pictures from it but it given me a kick up the bum to get my pictures and files backed up.

So I've connected a 32gb memory stick to my bt home hub 6, I've set it up and now can see the files on my laptop and home pc, I belive that I have created a Nas?

I'd like now to be able to transfer files automatically from my phone to the nas which is on all the time, then when my pc with lots of hard drive space is turned on the files from the nas will get backed up over 2 or 3 drives on the pc.

Do I need to install something onto the memory stick in the home hub to make it a nas or is classed as a nas and do I need to install software on the nas to be able to connect to it with my phone to automatically transfer the files?

:)

Maximusheadroom, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Advice setting up NAS

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Advice setting up NAS

1. Advice setting up NAS - Similar Threads - Advice setting NAS

2. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  3. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  4. Setting up my 1st NAS system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up my 1st NAS system.: This NAS will be a RAID 5, RAID 6 looks like over kill for what I need. The one question I have is the size needed for the individual HDDs. My present packrat collection of internals totals 10 TB across 8 drives, and there are 4 more in storage from the Stone Age. it is all...
  5. Advice on setting up a Windows 10 computer for the kids

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Advice on setting up a Windows 10 computer for the kids: I want to repurpose my old Microsoft Surface Pro into a computer for the kids. For this, I am planning to reset the Surface to completely delete work related documents and start fresh. All is good so far as I am comfortable with this step. Where I am facing a dilemma, is...
  6. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  7. Tidy up of folders on a NAS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tidy up of folders on a NAS: I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies of my user folders on there. I would like to merge these and sanitise them but I dont want to loose any files. Whats the...
  8. Advice on setting up a new HDD for data (not OS)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on setting up a new HDD for data (not OS): Hey all, Purchased a WD Black 2 TB HDD today to replace my old drive. This drive is not for my OS but is used for data - photo's music, my documents, downloaded program installers etc and for system backups. I also run 2 SSD's - one 500GB for the OS and programs and one...
  9. Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA): Hi, I recently got a new rig. Quite happy with it but wanted to make use of my older video card if possible. The older card is a GeForce GTX 780 and the new card is a GeForce GTX 1080 which is what is currently installed in the rig?? They both have DDR5 interfaces......
  10. Advice pls on setting up new HP Spectre x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice pls on setting up new HP Spectre x2: Hi,I have purchased the above machine and need some advice on a few aspects...HP have loaded their own updater/messages/support software which I would like to unload. Is this safe and recommended? Will removing this also remove any HP loaded device drivers?As yet I haven't...