Windows 10: Advise on antivirus

Discus and support Advise on antivirus in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Welp, i was doing some cleanup and i want my system to run efficienlty. So i decided to uninstall stuff and that, i see that avast on my pc is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrraFunnyNumber, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Advise on antivirus

Welp, i was doing some cleanup and i want my system to run efficienlty. So i decided to uninstall stuff and that, i see that avast on my pc is really pushing somethings my poor cpu and HDD, so i decided to uninstalled.. not yet.

I have some question firts:

1.-¿How i unistall Avast?¿Is there any process to do it?¿Or it just click on Windows uninstaller?

2.-¿What antivirus are really safe? I have adblock (and common sense) but i still want to got aditional protection for my system.

3.-¿Its enough with windows defender?

PD: Sorry for any grammar error

submitted by /u/CrraFunnyNumber
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrraFunnyNumber, Oct 22, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Oct 22, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Advise on antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Advise on antivirus

1. Advise on antivirus - Similar Threads - Advise antivirus

2. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  3. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  4. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Received an email that advised that Microsoft was deleting all old forms of email Does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received an email that advised that Microsoft was deleting all old forms of email Does...: See question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-an-email-that-advised-that-microsoft-was/1d82f63d-7015-4021-8a82-d6929ab542ae
  6. Received an email that advised that Microsoft was deleting all old forms of email Does...

Received an email that advised that Microsoft was deleting all old forms of email Does...: See question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-an-email-that-advised-that-microsoft-was/1d82f63d-7015-4021-8a82-d6929ab542ae
  7. Received an email that advised that Microsoft was deleting all old forms of email Does...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my...: Hello, I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my bitlocker recovery key so I can use my laptop again. I am unable to sign in my old microsoft account since I forgot my password and I got locked out from the system.The screen...
  9. I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my...

I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my...: Hello, I did not register the bitlocker key when I bought my laptop. Please advise how to find my bitlocker recovery key so I can use my laptop again. I am unable to sign in my old microsoft account since I forgot my password and I got locked out from the system.The screen...
  10. Can you please advise on how to move a digital license of windows 11 pro to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please advise on how to move a digital license of windows 11 pro to a new PC.: I have a digital copy of microsoft windows 11Pro that is running on my old PC. I would like to transfer the license to a new PC currently that is currently running windows 11. The previous PC was running windows 11 which it came with pre-installed. Can windows 11 be...