Windows 10: Advise on antivirus

Discus and support Advise on antivirus in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Welp, i was doing some cleanup and i want my system to run efficienlty. So i decided to uninstall stuff and that, i see that avast on my pc is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrraFunnyNumber, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Advise on antivirus

Welp, i was doing some cleanup and i want my system to run efficienlty. So i decided to uninstall stuff and that, i see that avast on my pc is really pushing somethings my poor cpu and HDD, so i decided to uninstalled.. not yet.

I have some question firts:

1.-¿How i unistall Avast?¿Is there any process to do it?¿Or it just click on Windows uninstaller?

2.-¿What antivirus are really safe? I have adblock (and common sense) but i still want to got aditional protection for my system.

3.-¿Its enough with windows defender?

PD: Sorry for any grammar error

submitted by /u/CrraFunnyNumber
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrraFunnyNumber, Oct 22, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Oct 22, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Advise on antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Advise on antivirus

1. Advise on antivirus - Similar Threads - Advise antivirus

2. Need advise for video recording software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need advise for video recording software: Hi, I need to record a 15 minute instructional video, where I'll be screen recording. I saw xbox game recorder. I need to be able to blur or cover some lettering and numbers in the video. What are some economical alternatives that will allow me to do that for Windows 10?...
  3. my rewards points do not increase when I do the daily quiz-please advise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my rewards points do not increase when I do the daily quiz-please advise: My daily rewards points do NOT increase when I play the Microsoft Rewards game, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-rewards-points-do-not-increase-when-i-do-the/f6dd6946-fa2d-4efe-afd4-61233ebd2684
  4. A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution: Pay absolutely no attention to anything unless & until it is directly from MicrosoftNo articles, no YouTubes, no hearsay, editorials or options. No guesses, speculation or theories. Take no heed or stock in anything except from Microsoft itself Absolutely & completely ignore...
  5. I keep getting an error code 0x80073712 when trying to download updates. Please advise

I keep getting an error code 0x80073712 when trying to download updates. Please advise: I keep getting an error code 0x80073712 when trying to download updates. My PC is Dell intelR pentium R silverJ5005 CPU @ 1.50Ghz 1.50Ghz 64bit Windows 10 21H1. Please advise...
  6. Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4243, any one can advise, how the issue can be resolved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4243, any one can advise, how the issue can be resolved: Hi All,Could you please help on the "Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4243", how can i resolve itThanksMT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-error-code-0xa00f4243-any-one/7fd03cd7-18c2-45dd-85af-31c334958ffa
  7. Trying to upgrade from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2 and it fails. I was advised here to use the...

Trying to upgrade from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2 and it fails. I was advised here to use the...: So, none of the advice regarding Window Update's relatively new "*Some settings are managed by your organization" feature has worked. Oh, I'm my organization and it's unfortunate that only "some" settings can be managed by me. I tried all of the policy mods and registry...
  8. Advise on system image and a boot disk.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advise on system image and a boot disk.: Win 10 Pro OS. 19042.870 Its been some time since being on and requiring advise of others on these forums. A brief pre-amble, I lost my wife, the kids their mother two years ago, went to bed as we had for the past 25 years, I awoke next morning to find her dead next to me, no...
  9. Incorrect named folder error/advise still keep coming after make the remedy advised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect named folder error/advise still keep coming after make the remedy advised: Family Mail received the following note : One or more of the folders in your mailbox in your mailbox are named incorrectly- and the offending folders is named.. Please rename these folders. I deleted the folder. Then set up a new correctly named folder. That was 3 DAYS AGO,...
  10. MAIL IN WINDOWS 10 STOPED WORKING.ANY ADVISE OR HELP?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAIL IN WINDOWS 10 STOPED WORKING.ANY ADVISE OR HELP?: MAIL IN WINDOWS 10 STOP WORKING .ANY ADVISE.HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-in-windows-10-stoped-workingany-advise-or/53df01ab-6b87-4c74-a646-8181ea9952da