Windows 10: Advise wanted for new anti virus application

Discus and support Advise wanted for new anti virus application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I've been having a few issues with Avast so I decided to remove it and look for another application. Big mistake,... it's taken several hours to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomT, Jan 10, 2020.

1. TomT Win User

Advise wanted for new anti virus application

Hi.
    I've been having a few issues with Avast so I decided to remove it and look for another application.

Big mistake,... it's taken several hours to get my PC backup and running, with lots of issue uninstalling and then after a reboot the Avast installer started and reinstalled itself, that and the following uninstall took over an hour and half to complete !

Once I'd got rid of it and my PC was working well I installed AVG, not knowing it was the same company.
    After another hour installing, I gave up reboot and cleaned the PC again.

I think the speed issue is at avast/avg's end. When the installer was downloading it was very slow. Testing my download speed it's fast with no issues.

Now I'm looking for advise on what antivirus app to us. I'm happy to use free, and will consider buying.

I already have Super AntiSpyware, Malwarebytes free and windows defender installed.
    What would people recommend ?

Thanks

:)

2. WojtasRed Win User

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Anti virus

My girlfriend just received a pop up saying her phone has a virus (Nokia Lumia 520), while reading a news article on-line. Please Advise steps to remove it. We were told these phones were pretty secure and it was unlikely that they'd ever need anti virus
    protection

Adam08_737, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Advise wanted for new anti virus application

Here is the list of some top antivirus software :

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
    Kaspersky
    AVG Anti-Virus
    Avast! Pro
    Avira

Regards
    Jane

janeparker, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Advise wanted for new anti virus application

1. Advise wanted for new anti virus application - Similar Threads - Advise wanted anti

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently: I have Malwarebytes as my virus protection software but I wanted to run a scan with Windows Defender independently.Do I have to stop/suspend Malwarebytes in order to run Windows Defender?Why am I not able to run scans by two different anti-virus software programs...
  4. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Does Microsoft family features have anti-virus protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/ce4ea72a-e824-464f-9934-4d58e990b41c
  5. anti virus

anti virus: Can I run AVG anti virus along with Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/934f8e1b-28d3-4e6c-9bad-d2a36c616128
  6. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  7. BE AWARE OF SEGURAZO ANTI-VIRUS APPLICATION!!!

BE AWARE OF SEGURAZO ANTI-VIRUS APPLICATION!!!: I AM WRITING AS I SHARED THE BELOW INFO WITH McAfee. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM: THE SEGURAZO APPLICATION TRIES 20 + TIMES PER DAY TO INSTALL ON MY PC WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CONTROL PANNEL TO DELETE IT, I RECOMMEND USING IOBit uninstaller - AND...
  8. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  9. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04
  10. Need a new Anti-Virus.

Need a new Anti-Virus.: I got a Critical update on the 17th. Since then, Tablet(Windows 10) has been running slow. Tried doing a System Restore. AVG blocked the restore. Ended up removing AVG. Tried Windows Defender. Updated it and tried to run the scan. Defender kept freezing 3 seconds into the...