Windows 10: Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

Discus and support Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a false positive for C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Tap0901.sys today, checked on Totalvirus and confirmed as ok. Detection ratio: 0/60 Mike... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by omega three, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

I received a false positive for C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Tap0901.sys today, checked on Totalvirus and confirmed as ok. Detection ratio: 0/60

Mike

:)

omega three, Mar 9, 2017

2. Windows Defender been stuck for hours removing Adware & Trojan

I'm pretty confident they are false positives, especially since Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner found nothing.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 9, 2017
  3. Trojan:Win32/Rundas.B removal?

Did you do all of the steps thoroughly in safe mode with networking? Including RKill, to kill any malicious software?

If it doesn't work with Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes, try doing a scan with Zemana and ADWCleaner as well. The combination of all of these should remove any malicious Trojans. If after this you still get warnings for malicious files, you could try removing
    the files manually. It also could be a false positive. Sometimes anti-virus software outputs a false positive, in which case reporting it would be appropriate.

[Part of the post was edited to remove a CoC violation]

JoshRosserino, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Porthos Win User

Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

Porthos, Mar 9, 2017
  5. Reported

Thanks

Mike

omega three, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

1. Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive - Similar Threads - Adwcleaner 044 False

2. Is this a false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a false positive?: I ran autorun, virustotal says it had trojan virus. Only one steam.exe existed in system.I checked hashes are the same, but I am not sure about sign whether is legit or not.I lived in Thailand, so there must have time zone differenece.The extra 32 seconds compared to the...
  3. Is this a false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a false positive?: I ran autorun, virustotal says it had trojan virus. Only one steam.exe existed in system.I checked hashes are the same, but I am not sure about sign whether is legit or not.I lived in Thailand, so there must have time zone differenece.The extra 32 seconds compared to the...
  4. False positive??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  5. False positive??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  6. False positive??

7. Is this a false positive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a false positive: I'm pretty scared cause I clicked on this link for help and it flagged as malicious https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/419ed1cdabbd93e665156658d341edf1ef001c4158864fa4ca2ad501839a3dd7?nocache=1...
  8. Is this a false positive

Is this a false positive: I'm pretty scared cause I clicked on this link for help and it flagged as malicious https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/419ed1cdabbd93e665156658d341edf1ef001c4158864fa4ca2ad501839a3dd7?nocache=1...
  9. is this a false positive or no?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is this a false positive or no?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GloomyMusician24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb83rc/is_this_a_false_positive_or_no/
  10. Another false positive for AdwCleaner 6.030 today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another false positive for AdwCleaner 6.030 today: C:\WINDOWS\SysNative\wecutil.exe C:\WINDOWS\SysWoW64\wecutil.exe Funny thing, the first folder doesn't even exist at all. Dropped the file to virustotal. 0/56 detections. 69571