Windows 10: AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

Discus and support AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Malwarebytes released AdwCleaner 8.0.0, a free tool to remove adware and potentially unwanted programs, from Windows devices on November 26, 2019. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 27, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

Malwarebytes released AdwCleaner 8.0.0, a free tool to remove adware and potentially unwanted programs, from Windows devices on November 26, 2019.

The company acquired AdwCleaner back in 2016 and has produced new versions of the application for free since.

Note: AdwCleaner 8 drops support for the Microsoft Windows XP and Vista operating systems. These operating systems are not supported by Microsoft anymore and users who run these need to stay on older versions of AdwCleaner to continue using the application.

AdwCleaner 8 supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 officially. The new version can be downloaded from the developer website and run without installation after the download.

The program's main interface has not changed in the new release. It displays the "scan now" button in prominent position to scan the system for adware, potentially unwanted software and preinstalled software (that may be unwanted as well).

AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support adwcleaner-8.png

The program's core was updated in the new release. The new version features an upgrade to Qt 5.13 and new OpenSSL version, and the build toolchain was upgraded to use Visual Studio 2017.

Chrome users will notice that AdwCleaner 8.0.0 supports the latest version of the Chrome browser again so that remediation is supported. The new version drops support for Firefox scanning and remediation but it will be back in early December according to Malwarebytes when AdwCleaner 8.0.1 is released.

Chrome users benefit from a new scan and remediation module and Firefox users will benefit from the same once the implementation lands in the next version.

Another change in AdwCleaner 8 is that debug logs are not generated anymore by default. It is still possible to enable the option in the settings, but it is turned off by default. The new version features updated translations and definitions next to all that.

The program should be more stable thanks to the improvements made in the version.

Tip: you may want to check the settings on first run before you run a scan. You find options to turn off the cloud database (which may impact scan results), enable or disable basic repair options, e.g. reset firewall or IE policies, and maintain a list of exclusions that you don't want scanned by the application.

Closing words

AdwCleaner is a handy portable program for Windows that you may run every now and then to verify that the system is adware free.

Now you: do you use programs like AdwCleaner as additional security scanners on Windows?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

Read more: Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Windows Vista

Brink, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Nov 27, 2019
  4. AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

freaksavior, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

1. AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support - Similar Threads - AdwCleaner drops Vista

2. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  3. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  4. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sudden Battery drop to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Battery drop to 0%: On 9 December when I switch on my laptop, it was having some 25% charging. I opened Edge browser and within 5 minutes the battery died. This never happened before to me. Usually 25% battery would survive for 1 and a half hours with Microsoft edge.I did the battery test and...
  6. Sudden Battery drop to 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Battery drop to 0%: On 9 December when I switch on my laptop, it was having some 25% charging. I opened Edge browser and within 5 minutes the battery died. This never happened before to me. Usually 25% battery would survive for 1 and a half hours with Microsoft edge.I did the battery test and...
  7. Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8: [ATTACH] So today Asphalt 9 just updated the latest car hunt event and I purchased the same car hunt pack 12 for Apollo N three times, my email received the receipt from Microsoft Store and my bank balance was deducted with the same number I paid for the transactions,...
  8. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  9. Battery drops 0% but still able to run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drops 0% but still able to run: If your battery drops to 0% and you're able to run it without a charger, will that cause any issues? Right now my laptop is charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drops-0-but-still-able-to-run/1caa20b3-ba03-4195-a528-990f8465216f
  10. Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista: Software companies are one by one giving up on Windows XP support for their products, and now it appears that it’s Mozilla’s turn to switch the focus to newer versions of Windows. Firefox 53 will be the first version of the browser which will no longer support Windows XP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free adwcleaner 8.0.0 version windows 10