Windows 10: Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's

Discus and support Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Finding IE 11 somewhat sluggish, I ran the Adwcleaner. It found 6 pup's, but when I clicked on clean, it stalled and I had to use the task manager to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Johannes, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Johannes Win User

Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's

Finding IE 11 somewhat sluggish, I ran the Adwcleaner. It found 6 pup's, but when I clicked on clean, it stalled and I had to use the task manager to stop the process. see attached
    Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's [​IMG]

AdwCleaner[S16].txtfiles.

:)

Johannes, Oct 3, 2017
  2. RickCP Win User

Reimage virus/malware on Windows 10

What's the point of keeping a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) in your system,

rowanthree
    ?

Uninstallers suggested in my first post, and on-demand scanners (for you to be on the safe side to check no additional adware or PUP was installed) recommended at the malwaretips removal guide suggested above by Bruce, are completely safe to run.

I would at least use
    AdwCleaner
    (Anti-Adware) and
    MBAM
    (Anti-Malware) FREE Edition ONLY!

RickCP, Oct 3, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I remove secure-surf.net from Windows 10

Follow Leviozar's excellent advice, however, if Windows Defender does not remove the infection, Click HERE to download ADW Cleaner.

I have found ADWCleaner the best at removing Browser Hijacks, simply run a scan with it, reboot and then you can remove ADWCleaner if you wish . . .

DaveM121, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Some malware tries to actively prevent cleaners and scanners from working. To stop these malware processes use RKill then, without restarting, run your scanner again.

Download RKill

Bree, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Johannes Win User
    I tried to download RKILL, but my AV treated it as a Trojan. Windows defender did not detect any malware when I ran it with Zone Alarm disconnected,

Johannes, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    It could have been your AV that flagged it as a trojan, or it could have been the malware attempting to protect itself. Bleeping Computer has always had legitimate software without any surprise bundled software aside from what you are d/l ing.

You have the option of choosing another file that is not listed as an .exe or named RKill, you may wish to try d/l ing one of those & see if you can run it.

Borg 386, Oct 5, 2017
  7. Johannes Win User
    Hi Borg, thank you for the help. Being I.T. challenged, Here is what I did, after trying each link, I got the notice that the time to the link had expired. I then tried again the RKILL, but after the download I did save it first. Then I did open it and installed it. After the run see attachment, I ran the Zone Alarm AV and that one came up clean. Then I ran the ADW cleaner again and it came up with three of the PUP's, but this time ADWcleaner did get rid of them. AdwCleaner[S19].txt Rkill.txt

Johannes, Oct 5, 2017
  8. Borg 386 Win User

Glad you got it sorted.

Some viruses have programming to disallow any cleaner to run, thus protecting themselves. In that instance you have to run the program under a different name so it will be allowed by the virus. Something that isn't on the internal list to disallow. Hence the reason they are offered in different names & extensions.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's - Similar Threads - Adwcleaner does remove

2. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  3. pup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pup: how do i remove PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pup/0f204772-95d8-429d-a40f-d1e3cd67c85b
  4. Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.: Win10 version 2004 : computer has only C drive as seen in "ThisPc" i find two PUP installed 1. Win32/CadyOpen containerfile: E:\mitra2\Downloads\uTorrent.exe and 2. UTorrent file: E:\mitra2\Downloads\BitTorrent.exe Defender. Malwarebytes ,CCleaner, Spyhunter And many...
  5. PUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PUP: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  6. PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?

PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?: Split from this thread. When i delete my corrupted files is it normal when it said pups?And What is PUPS what are they?and thank for the link i have the same issues....
  7. PUPs

PUPs: How do you set Windows 10 to block PUPs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups/4a7c74c9-9590-4a41-a94a-f237d686d00a
  8. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

removing a PUP called Driver Reviver: Hello to the forum - first post. have tried all the usual methods of removing a PUP called Driver Reviver - Revo Uninstaller Adw Cleaner - uninstall from control panel etc etc. waste of time - anybody had this problem. Would be glad of any help/advice. 38765
  9. Pups

Pups: I have two PUPS that will not go away. I have Windows 10 with Chrome. I have disabled the extensions then reset Chrome but they persist. Should I reinstall Chrome or is there a better way to remove them? I use MBAM and have run Adware. I have Defender with the native...
  10. Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions: Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People Lowell Heddings 11 Feb 2015 The latest trend in the awful Windows ecosystem is pretty ridiculous — scammers have a fake version of the reputable AdwCleaner tool, which is a real tool for Windows experts....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PUP isnt removed with adwcleaner?