Windows 10: AdwCleaner Scan Result?

Discus and support AdwCleaner Scan Result? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just upgraded to the latest version of AdWCleaner and all my PCs give the detection shown below whereas they scanned clean a few days ago. What's the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

AdwCleaner Scan Result?

I just upgraded to the latest version of AdWCleaner and all my PCs give the detection shown below whereas they scanned clean a few days ago. What's the detection due to?

AdwCleaner Scan Result? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

adwcleaner freezes Surface 4 after scan

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your Surface 4 Pro freezes while running adwcleaner.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party software.

2. Corrupt software.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal
    startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the
    adwcleaner and check if it works. To uninstall the adwcleaner
    follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      adwcleaner and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    adwcleaner before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 11, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 11, 2020
  4. AdwCleaner Scan Result?

Can't get rid of pup.optional.linkury

Recently malwarebytes daily scan have give me results of finding pup.optional.linkury, and it keeps coming back everytime i delete it. I have tried scanning with Adwcleaner and it didnt find anything. I have attached picture of malwarebytes.
    edit: sorry for not letting you know what i've tried, still bit dizzy from woking up.

I have tried
    *Malwarebytes scan as @jboydgolfer suggested
    *Defender offline scan aswell as regular full scan
    *Adwcleaner

Thanks!

HarvesterOfSorrow, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

AdwCleaner Scan Result?

1. AdwCleaner Scan Result? - Similar Threads - AdwCleaner Scan Result

2. Scan results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  3. Scan results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  4. Scan results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. farbar recovery scan tool scan result

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    farbar recovery scan tool scan result: Ive recently noticed weird behaviour on my pc , if someone could help. THanks in advance. I also got an additional scan if that is needed but im only able to post one scan result.Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x64 Version: 16-10-2022 Ran by alanb administrator...
  6. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  7. no scan results for defender offline scan

no scan results for defender offline scan: After performing an offline scan, after rebooting I cannot find the results for the scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-scan-results-for-defender-offline-scan/cf4765f0-7e06-4d9d-a736-39f1b8e4c695
  8. Scan Result Code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan Result Code: Did a scan and Received the code WPE001001-HG9B8F. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-result-code/7d3f086c-89da-4e21-8291-2c99b90c19cf
  9. Inconsistency results of MRT scanning

Inconsistency results of MRT scanning: Hi All, I ran MRT (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) from \Windows\System32 directly and performed a full scan. I left it working for many days. Before finishing the scan I took a screenshot: [ATTACH] As you can see at that point there were 29 files infected....
  10. AdwCleaner Results - Chrome

AdwCleaner Results - Chrome: [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-] [C:\Users\tripn\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com'][C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-]...