Windows 10: Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings

Discus and support Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; References spotted in the preview builds had suggested that a future Windows 10 update will retire the unpopular ‘Aero Shake’ feature, which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings

References spotted in the preview builds had suggested that a future Windows 10 update will retire the unpopular ‘Aero Shake’ feature, which was introduced with Windows 7 to improve the multitasking experience. In response to user feedback, Microsoft is now making Aero Shake optional in Windows 10, starting with version 21H2.

In the latest preview build, Microsoft is testing a new experimental flag that will allow you to turn off the ‘Shake to Minimize’ aka Aero Shake.

For those unaware, Windows 10’s Aero Shake feature allows users to minimize all windows except the primary window by selecting the desired app and moving the mouse quickly back and forth.

Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings Windows-10-Aero-Shake-settings.jpg

Aero Shake feature is particularly not well maintained or advertised by Microsoft, even though it has existed in the operating system for more than a decade now. By bringing Aero Shake to the Settings app, Microsoft will be able to better advertise the feature and allow users to turn it off if they don’t like it.

The change is currently set to take effect with the next big Windows 10 update, which is expected to start rolling out in the second half of 2021. Since version 21H1 is a minor update, it’s likely that this change will be included in Windows 10 Sun Valley ’21H2′.

In the meantime, you can disable the feature manually via the Group Policy Editor or Windows Registry.

In addition to Aero Shake toggle in the Settings app, Microsoft is also working on new multitasking capabilities for Windows 10. For example, a new multitasking toggle “Snap further away from screen edge” was recently spotted in the preview builds.

Likewise, new touch controls and gesture settings are also coming later this year, which would be handy for tablet or 2-in-1 device users.

The post Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 17, 2021

2. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Hi ErikSwanson-

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience about the aero shake, let me help you sort things out.

Aero Shake is one of the many features introduced with Windows 7 and continues to be part of Windows 10 as well. The feature enables you to quickly minimize all open windows except the currently active window by shaking the currently active window or using
    Windows logo + Home keyboard shortcut.

Enable or disable Aero Shake via Settings

The Aero Shake feature doesn’t work if the Snap is turned off.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System > Multitasking.

Step 2: Turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to sides of corners of the screen option to disable the Aero Shake. Turn this option on to enable Aero Shake

If you don’t want to turn off the snap feature or the multitasking features to get rid of Aero Shake, refer to the directions in Method 2 or Method 3.

That is the simplest way to disable it but again if your company has a restriction about the admin rights it will be hard for you to do this.

Also, if you have a IT administrator you can actually request to disable to functions about your Aero shake.

Hope this will help and have a blessed day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Aero Shake

Ok. As I never had seen this Aero Shake before, I just figure this out in Windows 10. Kind of by accident.

Now, I understood what was minimizing all other screens, why, and how to get them back.

However, one thing I couldn't find out by myself how to "fix" and I also could not find any answer in forums.

The thing is, for some reason, the window I shake twice (first to minimize all other windows, second to bring them back) is getting "Always of Top".

If I do it with a second window, the second window gets privileges over the first, but both kept Always on Top of everything else.

This is annoying me. Does anyone know how to set this to never change to "Always on Top"?

Thanks.

Dani Cardelli, Feb 17, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings - Similar Threads - Aero Shake feature

2. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  3. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  4. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default: With Windows 7, Microsoft added “Aero Shake”, a feature that lets you shake the window to minimize all open windows on your desktop except one. Aero Shake is easy to use and it can be accidentally triggered if users select the title bar of the window holding the left mouse...
  6. Is aero title bars coming to Windows 10 in next updates?

Is aero title bars coming to Windows 10 in next updates?: I am just want to know if there is aero glass effect like current taskbar effect coming to title bars? Or an option that people can select if they want aero effect Windows 7 Style, metro style aero effect or current solid effect? There are some tweaks that makes title bars...
  7. Windows 10 update turns off Aero Shake, adds new features to legacy tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update turns off Aero Shake, adds new features to legacy tools: Microsoft has confirmed that it’s experimenting with a new change that will turn off the underused “Aero Shake” function in Windows 10. Aero Shake, otherwise known as “Shake to Minimize” allows you to minimize all open windows by shaking the cursor back-and-forth when...
  8. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin: I had yet another frustrating bout of Aero shake hiding all the windows I was working with today. It's been eleven years. Can you PLEASE allow users to turn this off without editing the registry? I work for the government. I don't have admin access to my work computer. I'm...
  9. Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?: Computer keeps blinking off the page I am looking at and goes to previous page or I go into a website and it will blink and go back to previous screen, its maddening when you are typing and all of a sudden everything you've typed is lost and you have to start over. Now this...
  10. Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 [img] Information Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar. Shaking the...