Windows 10: Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen

Discus and support Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I can't snap to split screen. And the settings option, "when i snap more than one window, automatically adjust the size of the windows" is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ralph666, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Ralph666 Win User

Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen

So I can't snap to split screen. And the settings option, "when i snap more than one window, automatically adjust the size of the windows" is not available. Just isn't there.

Also, if I do Windows Key + L arrow, it dumps me out to the initial login screen for Windows. Ditto for Win-R-arrow.

I'm running Win10 , Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.805).

:)

Ralph666, Nov 6, 2019

2. Disable aero snap between monitors

Hello.

I have had windows 10 for about a year now and are useing a multi monitor setup. I found out the first day after I installes windows 10 that the aero snap was going to be realy annoying so I did a lot of searching to try and disable the problem or work around
    it. I found that I cud disable it but that also ment that I cud no longer grab and drag maximized windoes like I can with aero snap active. I can also not snap the windows to the top of the screen like I want to keep. So I desided to keep the snap on and see
    if I cud get used to it, as you might guess I am not used to it and are about to go mad.

So what I want is to ask is if there is a way to disable aero snap between monitors and sticky corners, but keep the snap to the top of the screens like we had in windows 7.

RubenRotmo, Nov 6, 2019
  3. mfcabc123 Win User
    Snap (double screen)

How can I make my screen snap if I'm using two monitors? It would be nice if I could right click on the menu bar and have a dropdown option to snap when I have two screens open or double screens. Obviously I can't just click and drag to snap the screen as
    you can do with a single monitor screen.

There should be a way to do multiple snap screens with multiple monitors/screens...

That's my suggestion... Thanks,

mfcabc123, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Wokka4141 Win User

Aero snap

Thanks.

It appears my new monitor was running a startup program to make it 'smarter' by snapping whole screen, or half screen etc.

I still have the issue of reducing the window that is spread over both screens, then reactivating, the window is small on one screen and pallettes within the window are not in correct location. Is there a way to at least ensure a reactivated window returns
    to it's previous location?

Thanks again.

Wokka

Wokka4141, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen - Similar Threads - Aero Snap won't

2. STOP the Screen Snap To. Preferrably PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP the Screen Snap To. Preferrably PERMANENTLY: Trying to STOP the Screen Snap To. It is driving me crazy. Settings Multitasking Snap Windows is OFF. Registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowArrangementActive=0 But the damn thing STILL resizes and mucks up my desktop making work very difficult. Someone...
  3. Window changes to full size when I snap a window into half

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window changes to full size when I snap a window into half: When I drag a window down, then to the left, it resizes the tab into full size instead of half of the window. This happens when "Show where I can snap next" was disabled....
  4. snap to full screen

snap to full screen: how do i shut off snap to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-to-full-screen/e72839f6-c49b-45fb-ace4-6021c49c2698
  5. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  6. How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.

How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.: Hi guys, I know this is a complex one, I would like to have 4 browser windows open snapped to each corner but all displaying full screen; i.e. no tab or header bars present. i would like several youtube videos open at one time with no borders between them. I have a...
  7. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  8. How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?: Hello, Windows 10 is definitely the best desktop OS ever. I found one improved feature really annoying when you work with a small screen. The advanced aero-snap function to automatically re-size four windows into 2x2 arrangement. However, since windows 7, I get used...
  9. Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Snap windows (aka: Aero Snap) feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize...
  10. W10 screen snap like W8

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screen snap like W8: Hi I've just upgraded my laptop to W10 from W8. What I used to do on W8 is say watch the FilmOn app on the right hand side of the screen and use the left hand side to do everything else - outlook, chrome, word, excel...any desktop software. I'd flick between them and the...